- If you are in S. California and have a low income please call 211 and ask for a referral to the "LIHEAP Program".
You can apply for an Annual Government grant of a $228 credit on your Energy Bill!
In Other States the income requirements and amount paid out differ. The amount you get may vary from year to year. See: LIHEAP Program for info about YOUR State.
- For Windows Security:
Software Santa recommends checking out the free security resources at Tech Support Alert and Shields Up.
Both sites offer FREE security advice and instructions!
- Software Santa passes along a Warning about Windows platform software installers containing MALWARE called "Open Candy"!
His Friend "Gizmo" Richards security site Tech Support Alert first alerted him: Open Candy http://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/freeware-installation-and-usage/6838-opencandy.html?highlight=Open+Candy
Do NOT Opt in to Open Candy or ANY of its "Installation Recommendations"! http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/opencandy.com
Software Santa will remove any presents that "Offer" this new form of Spyware in their installers!
- Software Santa has listings of Open Source or Free alternatives to many commercial programs!
You could save over $10,000 by trying these FREE Programs BEFORE you buy a commercial application! You do NOT need to login to get presents: just look through the categories and get whatever new software you like!
- Over 3,600 Presents Posted.
If you were to TRY to Buy Equivalent
Software you would Spend over $10,000 (Easily)
You Just need to Know where on the Net these things live - then you may HELP Yourself!
- Software Santa: Where Christmas is Celebrated EVERY Day!
Mapping the Best of the Open Source Trove http://sourceforge.net/directory/
- Software Santa lives at the west pole! He doesn't come down through your chimney like the other Santa does: Software Santa comes down through your Cable Modem!
- Software Santa has a RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Live Feed now! As presents are added you are notified ...
- Software Santa has had visitors from around the world!
People from the following countries have visited:Angola, Antigua, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Czechoslovakia (former), Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, England, Ecuador, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Slovenia, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Venezuela, Vietnam, and Yemen. Santa fits down any size Modem ...
- Software Santa is the Santa Claus that YOU go visit!
None of this Ninja stealth visits to Your house in the Middle of the night stuff!
You gotta come see ME 'cause I don't get out much ...
- Think of this site as a Treasure Map to the Internet
with over 3,600 "X marks the Spot" X's already filled in!
All you have to do is pick a treasure and dig where indicated!
- What IS "Open Source" Software?
"Open-source software generally allows anybody to make a new version of the software, port it to new operating systems and processor architectures, share it with others or market it. The aim of open source is to let the product be more understandable, modifiable, duplicatable, reliable or simply accessible, while it is still marketable."
- No Pop up / Pop under / or Banner Ads to nag you.
No Software Santa T-Shirts or Mugs for Sale.
No Ads by Google.
- A Friend of Mine asked me (over the phone) "Won't you get in trouble for Giving this Stuff Away?" in Amazement.
I Explained to Her that Projects as GOOD as "Ubuntu" or "GIMPShop" or "Inkscape" or "Scribus" or "Font Forge" Encourage you to Post links to them: They WANT these Cool Tools to be Given AWAY to Everyone!
- $50 for Quicken OR Use jGNASH for FREE
$1,900 for Matlab OR Use Scilab for FREE
$750 for QuarkXPress OR Use Scribus for FREE
$130 for Font Creator OR Use FontForge for FREE
$70 for Snapz Pro OR Use SimplyCapture for FREE
$350 for Adobe Audition OR Use Audacity for FREE
$50 for Flight Simulator OR Use Flight Gear for FREE
$250 for MindMapper 2008 or Use FreeMind for FREE
$500 for Adobe Illustrator OR Use Inkscape for FREE
$450 for Adobe Acrobat OR Use PDF Creator for FREE
$250 for Microsoft Office OR Use Open Office for FREE
$650 for Adobe Photoshop OR Use GIMPShop for FREE
$3,500 for Renderman OR Use 3Delight & Ayam for FREE
It All adds up - You COULD Save Yourself $8,900 or MORE!!!!!
- You can Use the Search Function to help you find Software ....
Use the Search Term Mac to Locate Macintosh Software
Use the Search Term Wind to Locate Windows Software.
Search from the Home Page Only! If you search in a category it ONLY searches through that category!
Any Program marked is a "Santa's PICK" ...
If you type in the name of the program you want to replace you may find its replacement quickly.
- It's Absolutely TRUE: you COULD make a Living as a Graphics artist/designer,
or even Manage an Entire Office, with the Power Programs listed here!
- Software Santa wants to give you ONLY the Best Free GOODS!
(Santa's probably just some old crazy guy who gets a real kick
out of giving cool stuff away, like it's some nutty hobby, you know? )
There DOESN'T HAVE to be 'a Catch' every time, see?
- Fly High or Race Fast!
Flight Gear is a full Flight Simulator and
TORCS is a Formula One car racing simulation
(Santa likes the GL-117 Flight Simulator better.)
- What is Software Santa all about?
Nobody Knows what "Open Source" Software IS, Let Alone that It Exists. In Addition, Software Santa has 11 years of Bookmarks to Free Sites and Other Resources - too many to print out or email. So: he keeps giving Presents ALL YEAR Around in the Spirit of Christmas Present(s)
- Software Santa has a Public comments FORUM and a RSS Live Feed!
- Software Santa is a Treasure Map to the Internet!
More NEW Treasure is being dug up ALL the time so you are invited to subscribe to the RSS Live Feed or check back weekly!
- This is a listing of PRESENTS ONLY - you do NOT need to login or register!
- This is Just Some of the Really COOL Stuff that got dug up while mining the Internet. SOME of those SOFTWARE Programmers out there get a real kick out of giving cool stuff away, TOO!
You never heard of them: but they've got Something Cool to GIVE away!
NOW you know they Exist! More Goodies are added Frequently!
Software Santa gets the thrill of Christmas giving All the Year around.
- If you found a blessing: you can't pay Santa back so ...
"Pay it Forward" instead!
Feel free to share this site with your friends,
or anyone who is about to buy software.
- To Replace Photoshop: Try GIMP for FREE!
To Replace Illustrator: Try Inkscape for FREE!
To Replace Audition: Try Audacity for FREE!
To Replace Office: Try Open Office for FREE
- Presents for the Poor!
No Strings Attached.
Santa is 'poor' and uses some of these things himself!
And they are nice enough to share with you!
- WHY Does "Peace on Earth - Good Will to
All." Only have to be on one day a year?
- This site is an answer to the question:
"If Santa Claus had a web site: what would it be like?"
- Software Santa isn't a 'Business' it's a 'Pleasure'.
No money is being made with this web site and there is NO Advertising!
- Stick this link in your Feedburner: RSS Live Feed
- Once you know this site is here: All you need to do is collect a bunch of presents!
Santa doesn't come down your chimney anymore: he teleports in through your modem now!
- People from 73 (or more) countries
have visited Software Santa so far.
- Software Santa made this list of resources to help HIM keep track of all the great free treasure he finds on the internet.
There is nothing for sale and no need for advertising. The REAL Santa Claus provides Software Santa with free hosting, so, no advertising!
Software Santa is not getting paid by any of these sites for linking to them. And he doesn't care if you paw through this list, and find stuff you didn't know existed - but needed.
If you find something you like: Please "Pay-it-Forward" and share this site with your friends.
- Administrators Notice:
As of August 6th 2010 All External Links are now WOT (Web of Trust) rated! Next to any external link will be a small colored icon showing how safe other internet users think that site IS!
Web of Trust: http://www.mywot.com/
Links that have No Icon, or a Green Icon After the link are safe to visit.
If you see a Yellow or Red icon after any link on this site: you shouldn't surf to it: It isn't safe. I will promptly REMOVE any links I find with Yellow or Red Icons next to them!
Links with NO Rating bubble next to them are links to topics on this domain.
With best regards,
- Software Santa's site is a free treasure map to the internet. It is just a listing of thousands of FREE items or resources.
(Software Santa is an IT expert, with too many useful links to remember them all.
He made this list for his personal reference. But you may dig through it if you wish.)
He doesn’t need to distribute mal-ware, or advertise, to himself: so the list is as squeaky clean as he can make it!
- Software Santa says he doesn't mind that he finds all this great stuff over at Tech Support Alert http://www.techsupportalert.com/ and drags it back over here. He has made good suggestions to them, for inclusion in their lists, so it goes both ways.
Software Santa freely admits he stands on the shoulders of Giants like Gizmo & Staff at TechSupportAlert, or the folks at Softpedia, or all the busy coders over at SourceForge - and offers his thanks, and bug reports, and occasional donations.
- No New Posts
- Redirect Board
Software Santa - Info Center
- photoColoring is a tool to color BW photography for Linux or Windows by Software Santa (Graphics Creation and Editing)
- May 18, 2013, 08:26:11 PM
- BlueBrick is Train layout design Software For building/designing Lego Layouts by Software Santa (What is it?)
- May 17, 2013, 10:57:18 PM
- Iron Fist is a single-player and multi-player first-person shooter for Windows by Software Santa (Adventure and Battle and Shoot-'em-up Games)
- May 17, 2013, 03:54:25 AM
- ShisenSho is a tile based board game like Mahjongg for Windows by Software Santa (Games for Windows users)
- May 16, 2013, 10:51:04 PM
- LDraw is a free "CAD"-like set of programs that lets a user create virtual model by Software Santa (What is it?)
- May 16, 2013, 10:26:49 PM
- FreeBASIC is a 32-bit BASIC compiler for Microsoft Windows, DOS and Linux by Software Santa (What is it?)
- May 15, 2013, 09:33:46 PM
- WDents is a database application for public health sector dentists by Software Santa (Office/Productivity)
- May 15, 2013, 08:32:40 PM
- Fedena is a free & web based school management software Ruby on Rails by Software Santa (Teacher's Treats)
- May 15, 2013, 07:52:45 PM
- Wunderlist is your beautiful and simple cross platform to-do list by Software Santa (Office/Productivity)
- May 15, 2013, 04:10:47 PM
- Zeo Decoder Viewer allows easy offline visual access to your Zeo data by Software Santa (What is it?)
- May 15, 2013, 10:16:43 AM
- SleepyHead is open-source, cross platform, sleep tracking software for CPAP by Software Santa (What is it?)
- May 15, 2013, 09:59:35 AM
- Oreste is a web based PHP veterinary clinic management software package by Software Santa (Office/Productivity)
- May 15, 2013, 09:02:47 AM
- VetoSys includes whole veterinary clinic management by Software Santa (Office/Productivity Applications for Windows)
- May 14, 2013, 08:33:01 PM
- Llama Alarm Clock is a Simple, easy to use, customizable Alarm Clock by Software Santa (System Repair and Other Utilities)
- May 14, 2013, 06:41:49 AM
- Little Alarm Clock has a snooze button automatic startup and audio file playback by Software Santa (Windows Repair and Systems Utilities)
- May 14, 2013, 06:20:20 AM
- Clocky is a light-weight alarm clock written in .NET 2.0 by Software Santa (Windows Repair and Systems Utilities)
- May 14, 2013, 05:38:27 AM
- Popeye is a chess problem solving and testing software including Fairy Chess by Software Santa (Board Games)
- May 14, 2013, 12:20:48 AM
- Scrabaid suggests moves for a turn given a Scrabble board and letters available by Software Santa (Board Games)
- May 14, 2013, 12:07:59 AM
- Scrabble Dictionary is a dictionary / word builder for Scrabble®-like games by Software Santa (Board Games)
- May 13, 2013, 11:24:36 PM
- OpenMRS is a enterprise quality electronic medical record system by Software Santa (Office/Productivity)
- May 13, 2013, 10:36:55 PM
- PHP Animal Shelter Management System is a web based animal shelter management by Software Santa (Office/Productivity)
- May 13, 2013, 10:13:10 PM
- PetWhere Animal Shelter Management software system is for the Windows System by Software Santa (Office/Productivity Applications for Windows)
- May 13, 2013, 10:04:03 PM
- OpenVet is a web application written in PHP using MySQL for Veterinarians by Software Santa (Office/Productivity)
- May 13, 2013, 08:44:17 PM
- OpenEMR is an open source medical practice management application (EHR EMR PMS) by Software Santa (Office/Productivity)
- May 13, 2013, 08:27:42 PM
- The DigitalSimulator is your Virtual Electronics Lab for Windows Systems by Software Santa (Office/Productivity Applications for Windows)
- May 12, 2013, 07:50:24 PM
- Read the Bible is Software for reading and studying the Bible for Mac or Windows by Software Santa (Educational Sites and Programs)
- May 12, 2013, 07:42:10 PM
- BibleTime is a completely free cross platform Bible study program by Software Santa (Educational Sites and Programs)
- May 12, 2013, 07:29:55 PM
Memorial Day, D-Day, Flag Day, Father's Day
3917 Posts in 3888 Topics by 3 Members. Latest Member: Mrs. Software Santa
Latest Post: "photoColoring is a tool ..." ( May 18, 2013, 08:26:11 PM )
View the most recent posts on the forum.
Users active in past 1440 minutes:
Yahoo!, Sosospider, Sogou, Google (3), Baidu (36)
Most Online Today: 330. Most Online Ever: 709 (October 25, 2012, 05:18:05 AM)