Author Topic: Book-bot.com lets you read thousands of famous books online for free  (Read 3958 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Book-bot.com lets you read thousands of famous books online for free!

For those not in the know, Book-bot.com is a revolutionary web 2.0-tastic way to read books at your computer. It can do things that a paper book could never do - like remember where you left off automatically, and define words for you by just double-clicking on them. It also gets rid of one of the most common pains of reading online - the endless scrollbar. But if you’re expecting the pages to be full of boogers like the books at the library, you’re out of luck.

The interface is designed to be as user-friendly as possible - you can browse through thousands of great books, and read them via an AJAX interface that eliminates messy postbacks and page-redraws. And there’s even a progress bar to see how far along you are. But the best part is, it’s all free. You can read the books without signing up at all - but if you do want to sign up, the Book-bot will know who you are and be able to remember what page of what book you were reading.

In case you were wondering, all the books at book-bot.com are in the public domain and available free via Project Gutenberg - I just cleaned them up and made a cooler way to read them. I also created the site to learn Ruby on Rails, an often hyped new web framework.

Some features I’ll be adding soon include the ability to jot down notes and “dogear” pages that you’d like to recall later, and add some additional typographic options so you can customize the reader to minimize eyestrain.

http://book-bot.com

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email