provides tools for search engine optimization. For Linux and Windows.By request from a fellow web master.
Software Santa now believes his main 'listings' site is considered a "Content Mill"*
and unsuitable for submission to The Open Directory
Search Engine OptimizersThere you go, Tony. http://seo.sourceforge.net/
Free open source tools, under the GNU-GPL 2.0 licence
Overview of the SEO project
In the goal of search engine optimization, some tools are provided to help webmaster improve the visibility of their pages on the web and to increase their PageRank.
The project is to build and provide a set of scripts with graphical user interfaces for web pages and websites analyzing and optimization.
Formerly Metatag Generator, this tool is renamed Spider Search Engine Optimizer and has been rewritten and extended:
* Generates meta tags from content of the page.
* Generates keywords from content of the page.
* Optionally generate other meta tags.
* Reports meta tags and links.
* Windows and Linux command line tools (written in Scriptol).
* Graphical user interface for Windows. GUI for Linux is planned.
Online interface to edit RSS 2.0 feeds.
Generates XML or HTML sitemap for a static site.
Evaluate the social aspect of a website from its links to other sites.
This tool is in work. The goal is to analyze a website for search engine optimization and for security:
* Analyzis of links.
* RSS Editor
* Spy Link.
* Last modified page on the site.
The interface is extensible and any tool could be added to its functions.
* Content mill websites prominently feature advertising for other websites and any content is typically assembled from other sources. These websites are not designed to be an end destination themselves but instead to shuttle visitors to other websites.
These sites may appear to be unique, content-rich, informational sites, however the content is typically copied or slightly modified from reputable sites, or has been autogenerated or manually produced but lacks any real substance. They typically lack any sort of authentic and credible statements of responsibility. The existence of advertising, links or email forms is not by itself damning. These all appear on many listable websites. It is the combination of such features and the absence of authorship and/or other verifiable information which characterizes such sites.