Author Topic: Scalare is a Twitter client built as minimal and unintrusive as possible 10.5  (Read 3972 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Scalare is a Twitter client built as minimal and unintrusive as possible for Mac OS X 10.5 or later

What is it?
Scalaris is a Twitter client built as minimal and unintrusive as possible. It shows your friend's tweets as Growl notifications. It runs on Mac OS X 10.4, but later betas (from 1.0b5) require OS X 10.5.

Scalaris is built with simplicity in mind. It is meant for the casual twitter user that doesn't want to be distreacted too much. I chose a windowless UI because that's how I think Twitter should work; minimal messages you read and keep going. Feel like sending a tweet? Just press the easy key-combo, type what's in your mind, and you are back to work.

It allows you to send tweets without stopping your workflow. And because Scalaris uses Growl, the customization options are endless. Go into System Preferences and set your custom display styles under the Growl preference pane.

How to use it?
Scalaris resides in your menubar; it doesnt take any precious space in your Dock. Scalaris will fetch new tweets every 90 seconds, and will display them through Growl. Click on a notification to reply to a tweet.

To send your tweets, just press CTRL + ? or your favourite keyboard combo and the Scalaris input window will show up. Just type in your tweet, and press enter. Done!

To send a Direct Message, use another key combination, and the DM window will show up. You know what to do next.

Tips
Alt + click on a Notification "cross" closes all Growl notifications at once.
Lots of customization is available through Growl. Set different notification styles for differnt kind of updates (replies, DM, updates), including custom sounds. Go to the Growl Prefence Panel under System Preferences to set custom behaviors for the Scalaris Application.

Known Issues
Requires Growl to work properly. It's embedded into the application, will ask to install if not found.

*And remember, This is beta software! Scalaris was first coded in under 24 hours. Don't expect extreme polish.

Is it free?
Yes! If you really want to, you can always contribute to my Pay-Pal account. If you want to include it into any CD-ROM or other media to mass-distribute it, please email-me.

http://uri.cat/software/Scalare/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:47:37 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email