Author Topic: Thousands and thousands of Free Fonts!  (Read 8563 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Thousands and thousands of Free Fonts!
« on: January 01, 2007, 05:46:03 PM »
SimplytheBest Fonts has thousands of Free Fonts!

Browse through the alphabetical font listings or the font categories to view the available free fonts. Each font has a full preview page with proprietary details. Most fonts are freeware and as such free to use for webmasters and hobbyists. If you wish to use them commercially, you may have to register them first. Make sure to see if the font is freeware (for both personal and commercial use) or commercial (i.e. you have to always purchase it to use it). Registration information can always be found in the font file itself (right click and Properties in browser), the readme.txt file attached to the font file, or at the link destination if the author has a Web site.

* 3D fonts
    * Asian fonts
    * Bold fonts
    * Calligraphic fonts
    * Cartoon fonts
    * Classic fonts
    * Comic fonts
    * Computer fonts
    * Crazy fonts
    * Dingbats
    * Drippy fonts
    * Entertainment fonts
    * Famous fonts
    * Fancy fonts
    * Foreign fonts
    * Funky fonts
    * Futuristic fonts
    * Gothic fonts
    * Graffiti fonts
    * Handwriting fonts
    * Heavy fonts
    * Hi-tech fonts
    * Holiday fonts
    * Hollow fonts
    * Horror fonts
    * Industrial fonts
    * Kids fonts
    * Liquid fonts
    * Messy fonts
    * Microsoft fonts
    * Miscellaneous fonts
    * Modern fonts
    * Movie fonts
    * Musical fonts
    * Old fashioned fonts
    * Outdoor fonts
    * Retro fonts
    * Round fonts
    * Sans serif fonts
    * Sci-fi fonts
    * Script fonts
    * Serif fonts
    * Stencil fonts
    * Stylish fonts
    * Texture fonts
    * Thick fonts
    * TV show fonts
    * Typewriter fonts
    * Wavy fonts
    * Western fonts
    * Wild fonts
    * Wood fonts

http://simplythebest.net/fonts/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:24:05 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
The Font Diner has been giving away a few of their fonts for over 17 years now!

Software Santa LOVES this site! A Software Santa Pick!

Will Font Diner fonts work on my computer?
You Bet They Will! Our fonts are guaranteed to work with every version of the Macintosh OS from 7.0 on up to the latest OS X release.

Windows users we haven't forgotten about you! You can install these fonts on all versions of Windows from 3.1 on up through Windows 7 and every Windows OS in between.

What format do the Font Diner fonts come in?
While 99% of our users can easily install and enjoy our fonts in OpenType format and we also include them in TrueType and Postscript formats. Although we highly recommend when installing any fonts on your computer to only install one font format.

Do Font Diner fonts contain international characters?
Yes they do! In fact all our Font Diner fonts feature an expanded display set which includes the basic 128 standard characters (A-Z, a-z, numbers, punctuation, special characters) plus ALL accented international characters, complete currency characters, and common mathematical symbols. Click here to see all the characters our fonts include.

I'm having trouble installing the fonts, what do you suggest?
We're here to help! Click here to check out our complete guide to downloading and installing our fonts on your computer.

Are there any restrictions on using Font Diner fonts?
Thanks for asking, we've compiled a detailed section all about how our licensing works. If you have a question read about what is permitted in our licensing and uses are restricted here.

Can I use the free Silverware fonts in a commercial manner?
You may use the Silverware fonts for free in any private, recreational manner for your own communications, or for personal design work you might do for a friend, such as a birthday party invite, an indie band CD, or a personal website.

But if you plan to use the Silverware fonts in a commercial manner that you will get paid for, or if you are using it for logos, product packaging for other promotional materials printed or online, you must purchase a commercial usage licensed version of the font online at - http://www.fontdiner.com/buy.html. Got more questions, read about our licensing and usage restrictions here.

I work for a non-profit organization, do I need to pay to use the Silverware fonts?
If you plan to use this font for non-profit, not-for-profit, or charity design work, you may use any Font Diner Silverware font in your design work at no cost provided the non-profit organization sends a sample of the finished work along with a letter acknowledging the donation of a product (value of $99) from the Font Diner. Got more questions, read about our licensing and usage restrictions here.

I really like different fonts from different font sets. Can I mix and match or buy just the ones I want separately?
Sorry, we decided a long time ago that all of the fonts would be sold in sets. The basic reason for this is that commercial fonts generally sell for up to $50 a piece, and we wanted to make sure people could own an assortment of fonts for way less than that. Even if you purchased the set just for one font, you'll find it to be much less expensive than many other type foundries.

http://www.fontdiner.com/silver.html 

http://www.fontdiner.com/silver2.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:30:11 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
InstantShift offers 104 Free Fonts for Web Designers and Logo Artists
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »
InstantShift offers 104 Free Fonts for Web Designers and Logo Artists

http://www.instantshift.com/2009/02/16/104-free-fonts-for-web-designers-and-logo-artists/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:41:05 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
Re: Free Fonts! Font Space. Serving up 20,700 Plus free fonts!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »
Welcome to FontSpace

Serving up 20,700 Plus free fonts!

Welcome to FontSpace!

FontSpace is a community of font designers and font addicts. All 20,781 free typefaces that you can download have been hand-categorized into 3000+ categories for your graphic design, scrapbooking, or documents.

Because we tag each font it's amazingly simple to find just the font or dingbat you are looking for. Need some Rock & Roll typefaces for your band's new logo? Or how about some cute fonts for your MySpace page?

Registered users can bookmark their favorite fonts, rate fonts, and add comments!

Grab some free typefaces for your documents, letters, and graphic design.  Search for a font, or browse the listed categories.

How to use and install fonts for Windows.
After you click download, unzip the file into a folder. Now drag any font files into C:\Windows\Fonts. You can now use the fonts in Microsoft Word, Photoshop, or any software you want!

http://www.fontspace.com/ 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:05:01 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
1001 Free Fonts has a few Fonts you may like
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »
1001 Free Fonts has a few Fonts you may like

1001 Free Fonts first opened its doors in December 1998 and has since grown to become the most popular free fonts archive online. We receive more than 40,000 visitors daily and we have been visited by over 80,000,000 visitors since 1998. Over 1,000,000,000 free fonts have been downloaded since 1998. We would like to thank you all for your continued support and hope you return shortly.

http://www.1001freefonts.com/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:11:44 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
Macintosh Classic Free Fonts!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
http://www.freemacfonts.com/

Free Mac Fonts first opened its doors in December 2002 and has since grown to become the most popular pure free mac fonts archive online. We now receive over 3,000 visitors daily and we have been visited by over 1,000,000 visitors since 2002. More that 10,000,000 free mac fonts have been download since 2002. We want to thank you all for your continued support.

Software Santa

• Administrator
Fonts and Things has unique PC truetype format fonts!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »
Fonts and Things has unique PC truetype format fonts!

Recommended by Lesley - thanks and a tip of Santa's Cap!

Welcome to Fonts & Things!

All fonts are in PC truetype format. All fonts, to the best of our knowledge, are either freeware or shareware. If anyone knows otherwise please notify us. All fonts have been collected from around the web and have been maintained with all files intact.

Access to Fonts & Things is free; registration is not required.

All font files (TTF) are copyright their creators. Essentially, Fonts & Things are distributors. For terms and conditions of individual fonts users are requested to read any and all additional (readme) files contained within the ZIP files, if available. If in doubt please ask the font creator.

All original font files (TTF) within the Original Fonts and AlphaShapes sections are released as freeware for personal and commercial use. You may freely distribute these files providing no fee whatsoever is charged and the text file is included. Though not required, a link to Fonts & Things would be appreciated.

All X3D, WEB, XAR and EPS files are released as freeware for personal and commercial use. Graphic tiles available with selected X3D files are also released as freeware for personal and commercial use. You may freely distribute these files providing no fee whatsoever is charged and the text file is included. Though not required, a link to Fonts & Things would be appreciated.

http://www.fontsnthings.com/

Software Santa

• Administrator
PCFonts.com is a master list of Free PC Fonts that can be used on Mac OS X TOO!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »
PCFonts.com is a master list of Free PC Fonts! These can be used on Mac OS X TOO!

PCFonts.com Q&A
Q. What is PCFonts.com?
PCFonts.com is a list of the best clipart, photo, font and web graphic sites on the net.

Q. What is the difference between PCFonts.com Top 100 and other links pages?
PCFonts.com is only for site that contain links to clipart, fonts, photos and web graphics sites that are ranked by popularity. No more surfing countless pages to find the occasional "good" site. Also, PCFonts.com doesn't just allow any site on the list. PCFonts.com has strict rules for the listed webmasters.

Q. How much does it cost?
Nothing. It's free for the visitor and it's free for the webmaster to get listed. All I ask is that you visit the sponsors who advertise on the site. Without them I can't afford to provide this service to you for free.

Q. How do I list my site?
Simple. Click on the Webmaster's Menu and follow the instructions there.

Q. How often are the site statistics updated?
Once every hour. (more or less... still workn out the bugs)

Q. How does PCFonts.com ranking system work?
If a webmaster creates an account, he gets an unique URL. If he places this URL on his site, his number of "Visitors In" increases every time a visitor comes to PCFonts.com via that URL. So the more Visitors a site brings to PCFonts.com, the higher it will end up on the list.

Q. I signed up and added my site but I'm not listed. Why is that?
If you can normally login with your account and password, you didn't bring in the required 1 visitor yet. (At least 1 unique hit every 24 hours is required to get listed) If you think there is something wrong, check if you are using the correct URL. If you cannot login with your account and password, there was either an error while submitting your link or your account was removed because your site doesn't apply to the rules.

Q. If a site is down for a couple of days, the site no longer show up on the list. If the site is back, does the webmaster have to open a new account?
No. If a site did not bring in visitors for more than 24 hours, his "Visitors In" count is 0. Sites that brought in less than 1 visitor in the last 24 hours do not show up on the list. The account will stay active so if he starts sending visitors again, he's back on.

Q. Why is it that the 'Out' numbers are so much higher then the 'In' numbers.
A visitor normally enters PCFonts.com via a link from another site (or a bookmark) and then 'stays on the list'. If a visitor clicks on a link from a site, that site is loaded in a different browser. The visitor is visiting more then one site without re-entering PCFonts.com via a link from the site he left.

Q. I have a site listed, but my 'Outs' are higher then the numbers of my stats program.
First of all, remember that all numbers on PCFonts.com are numbers calculated over the last 24 hours. Not from yesterday... the 'real' last 24 hours calculated back from the last update time. (see bottom of a list page)
I can only think of two possible reasons but as far as I know, this causes only about a 10 or 15% difference.

1. IE3 doesn't sent the referrer properly when doing a redirect in a 'target='_new'' link. The visitor shows up in your stats but it hasn't a referrer so you can't see that the visitor was coming from PCFonts.com.
   2. If a visitor clicks a link, the click is recorded and added to the 'Out' number right away. If the selected site can't be reached or the visitor clicks the 'back' button, that users never accessed the site but the hit is still counted as a valid 'Out' hit. Please let me know if you see big differences in your stats and the 'Out' numbers so I can try to figure out why this is happening.

Q. What's in it for the listed site?
More visitors. Feel free to ask what you can expect but I guess that if you take a look at the list, you can already see how the sites are doing.

286 Sites In Our Database!

http://www.pcfonts.com/index.php
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:23:36 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
Arts and Crafts Free Fonts!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
Arts and Crafts Free Fonts!

By Request.

Some of these fonts are well drawn most are not (whaddaya want for nutin?), characters shown are the only ones available for each font. I found these fonts at a website called Randomville. They posted to the American Bungalow Bulletin Board that they had A&C fonts available for PC. Mac fonts have been compressed with Stuff It. PC fonts are not compressed. To the best of my knowledge these fonts are freeware. Please let me know if this is not the case.

http://www.jmurphyjr.com/freefonts.html

Software Santa

• Administrator
Dafont has over 20,000 fonts .... only some of which are free.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 06:07:23 AM »
Dafont has over 20,000 fonts .... only some of which are free.

You can find all the free ones by clicking the link "More options" and then selecting "Only as   [X] Public domain / GPL / OFL     [X] Free " the first two or three checkboxes on the list.

The fonts presented on this website are their authors' property, and are either freeware, shareware, demo versions or public domain. The license mentioned above the download button is just an indication. Please look at the readme-files in the zips or check the indicated author's website for details, and contact him/her if in doubt. If no author/license is indicated that's because we don't have information, that doesn't mean it's free.

20,359 fonts of which:
5,553 with accents
5,636 with the Euro symbol

How to install a font (details in the Help section)
Unzip the files you have downloaded, then:

* Windows Vista: Right-click on the font files > "Install"
    * Windows XP: Put the font files into C:\Windows\Fonts
    * Mac OS X: Double-click the font file > "Install font" button

http://www.dafont.com/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:40:24 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.12 Firefox 3.6.12
BabelStone Fonts have a few rare foreign and sci-fi fonts Including Runic
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »
BabelStone Fonts have a few rare foreign, fantasy, and sci-fi fonts available (Including Runic!)

http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Fonts/index.html

Cypher Fonts

* BabelStone Centaurian version 1.00 [details]
    * BabelStone Pigpen Fonts (zip of all three fonts) [details]
          o BabelStone Pigpen version 1.01
          o BabelStone Club Penguin version 1.01
          o BabelStone Leeson version 1.00

Fonts for Fiction Scripts

* BabelStone Goblin (zip of both fonts) [details]
          o BabelStone Goblin version 1.00
          o BabelStone Goblin Vertical version 1.00

Han Fonts

* BabelStone Han version 1.06 [details]

Ogham Fonts

* BabelStone Ogham Fonts (zip of all four fonts) [details]
          o BabelStone Ogham version 1.01
          o BabelStone Ogham Bound version 1.01
          o BabelStone Ogham Fixed version 1.01
          o BabelStone Ogham Stemless version 1.01

Phags-pa Fonts

* BabelStone Phags-pa Book version 1.01 [details]
    * BabelStone Phags-pa Seal version 1.00 [details]
    * BabelStone Phags-pa Tibetan [details]
          o BabelStone Phags-pa Tibetan A version 1.00
          o BabelStone Phags-pa Tibetan B version 1.00

BabelStone Phags-pa Fonts (zip of all four fonts)

Runic Fonts

* BabelStone Anglo-Saxon Runic Fonts (zip of all six fonts) [details]
          o BabelStone Runic Beagnoth version 1.02
          o BabelStone Runic Beorhtric version 1.03
          o BabelStone Runic Beorhtnoth version 1.03
          o BabelStone Runic Beowulf version 1.02
          o BabelStone Runic Berhtwald version 1.02
          o BabelStone Runic Byrhtferth version 1.02
    * BabelStone Moon Runes version 1.01 [details]

Zhang Zhung Fonts

* BabelStone Tibetan sMar-chen version 1.01 [details]

BabelStone Han

This is a general purpose dual-width Unicode Han font derived from the "AR PL Mingti2L Big5" and "AR PL SungtiL GB" fonts (released under the Arphic Public License). The font is currently under development, and has incomplete coverage of the main CJK unified ideographs block. I anticipate that it will take several years to complete coverage of the main CJK block, but if there are any particular characters (from any CJK block) that you need urgently, let me know and I will prioritise them.

BabelStone Anglo-Saxon Runic Fonts

These are a set of six Runic fonts that each cover the subset of 34 characters in the Unicode Runic block that are used in Frisian and Anglo-Saxon inscriptions from the 5th to 11th centuries :

* BabelStone Runic Beagnoth : A font based on the runic letterforms used on the Thames scramasax
    * BabelStone Runic Beorhtric : A font based on the angular letterforms used in runic inscriptions, but with some early letterforms
    * BabelStone Runic Beorhtnoth : A font based on the angular letterforms used in runic inscriptions
    * BabelStone Runic Beowulf : A general purpose sans serif font
    * BabelStone Runic Berhtwald : A general purpose serif font
    * BabelStone Runic Byrhtferth : A font based on the rounded letterforms used in runic manuscripts

These fonts use OpenType features to implement kerning, ligatures (bind runes and mirror runes), mirrored glyphs for Right-to-Left contexts, and stylistic alternative glyphs

Ligatures (Bind Runes)

All fonts include a number of ligatures (bind runes) that can be activated by inserting a Zero Width Joiner character (U+200D or &zwj; in HTML) between the characters to be ligatured (e.g. <16BB 200D 16D6 200D 16DA> produces the HEL ligature). All attested Anglo-Saxon bind runes that I know of are included, but if there are any of others that you need, please let me know.

Mirror runes (where the glyph is mirrored around the central stem) are implememented as ligatures of the same rune doubled (e.g. <16A2 200D 16A2> produces the mirrored form of the ur rune).

Kerning

All fonts except for BabelStone Runic Berhtwald provide kerning between runes where appropriate.

Alternate Glyphs

BabelStone Runic Beowulf and BabelStone Runic Beohtric include stylistic alternate glyphs for some characters using the OpenType salt (Stylistic Alternates) feature. Some applications may allow you to select a particular stylistic alternate glyph, but I do not have access to any such application, so I have not been able to test that this feature has been implemented correctly in my fonts.

Mirrored Glyphs for Right-to-Left Text

Runic inscriptions mostly read left-to-right (LTR), but sometimes read right-to-left (RTL) or are sometimes written boustrophedon (left-to-right and right-to-left in alternate lines); when written right-to-left the glyphs are normally mirrored, as for example on the front of the Franks Casket shown below, where the top line is written left-to-right with normal glyphs, and the bottom line is written right-to-left with mirrored glyphs.

You can cause a stretch of Runic text to be displayed in right-to-left order by putting U+202D (LEFT-TO-RIGHT OVERRIDE [RLO]) at the start of the text and putting U+202C (POP DIRECTIONAL FORMATTING [PDF]) at the end of the text (PDF is not required at the end of a line, as the directionality of the text is reset at a new line, but for the same reason RLO is required at the start of each line of RTL text).

The BabelStone Anglo-Saxon Runic fonts all include mirrored glyphs for use in Right-to-Left contexts. The mirrored glyphs should be applied by activating the rtlm (Right-to-left mirrored forms) OpenType feature (see discussion on "Left-to-right and right-to-left text" at Advanced Typographic Extensions - OpenType Layout) when the text is marked as RTL as descibed in the previous paragraph, but this feature appears not to be supported by Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Labels

* Cipher Fonts (1)
    * Fonts for Fictional Scripts (2)
    * Han Fonts (1)
    * Keyboard Layouts (2)
    * Ogham Fonts (1)
    * Phags-pa Fonts (3)
    * Pigpen Fonts (1)
    * Runic Fonts (2)
    * Tolkien Fonts (2)
    * Zhang Zhung Fonts (1)

BabelStone Fonts

* BabelStone Anglo-Saxon Runic Fonts
    * BabelStone Centaurian
    * BabelStone Club Penguin
    * BabelStone Goblin
    * BabelStone Han
    * BabelStone Leeson
    * BabelStone Moon Runes
    * BabelStone Ogham Fonts
    * BabelStone Phags-pa Book
    * BabelStone Phags-pa Seal
    * BabelStone Phags-pa Tibetan
    * BabelStone Pigpen
    * BabelStone Tibetan sMar-chen

See Also

* BabelStone Moon Runes (an Anglo-Saxon runic font based on the moon runes on Thror's map in The Hobbit)

See the BabelStone Fonts Blog here:  http://babelfonts.blogspot.com/

http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Fonts/index.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:25:16 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Mac OS X 10.9 Mac OS X 10.9
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 27.0 Firefox 27.0
FontRiver has free downloadable fonts and dingbats for both Windows and Mac
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »
FontRiver has free downloadable fonts and dingbats for both Windows and Mac

Welcome to FontRiver!

FontRiver's goal is to provide our visitors with free downloadable fonts and dingbats for both Windows and Mac. This includes offering useful content, easy font finding features and a huge selection of original typefaces and font families organized by categories. All fonts can be downloaded for free, certain usage restrictions may apply in respect to the different font licenses. Please be careful if you will use them in commercial projects because some of them are not free for commercial use. Have a great time browsing these pages and remember to tell everyone you know about us!

http://www.fontriver.com/

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Mac OS X 10.9 Mac OS X 10.9
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 27.0 Firefox 27.0
Free-Fonts dot com lists more than 55.000 fonts only SOME of which are FREE
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »
Free-Fonts dot com lists more than 55.000 fonts only SOME of which are FREE

The use of Free-Fonts.com is without charge.

In no event shall free-fonts.com be liable for any damages, errors in text or wrong links. The owner of a site, which is found using Free-Fonts.com, assumes the responsibility for the content of that site.
    All brands and font names are registered trademarks of their respective owners. Please read the font description for more information.

http://www.free-fonts.com/