Author Topic: world of tales has folktales, fairy tales and fables from around the world  (Read 3693 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
world of tales has folktales, fairy tales and fables from around the world

Recommended by Gizmo Richards (or his staff) over at
Tech Support Alert!

My Thanks to him and his staff!

Welcome to the wondrous world of fairy tales. Whether a student, a parent or a teacher, here you can take a magical journey, filled with adventure, or just remember what it feels like to be a kid again. There is a little something for everyone among these pages, starting with the classical fairy tales of The Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Andersen and Charles Perrault, going on to the morally edifying fables of Aesop and Jean de La Fontaine, and ending with the wisdom, gathered by the people: the folktales from different parts of the world.

About me

My name is Viktor, born in 1985 in Varna, Bulgaria. After graduating college I wanted to learn how to make a website. When I was a kid I was fascinated by the magic of fairy tales and folktales. That is why I choose this topic for my first website. In this high tech world we live in today children seem to forget to be children. Between playing computer games and watching TV our children are exposed to false values and morals. Back when I was a kid these fairy tales were a magical getaway to a fantasy worlds, not only interesting, but also full of these morals and values that lack in this "new" world we live in. The goal of this website is to take children to these wonderful places again,. But, of course, this cannot happen without the help of parents. Read to your children while they are young, and encourage them to read themselves as they get older. That will make them more responsible, intelligent and caring adults. Because the real education starts at home.

On the pages of this website you will find the best known fairy tales by The Brothers Grimm, Chrales Perrault and Hans Chirstian Andresen, the fables of Aesop and Jean de La Fontaine and my personal favourite - folktales from around the world. Sadly, this past year I did not have enough time to upload any new content, but the site design approved dramatically. Most of the content is taken from the free text archive of Project Gutenberg (the fairy tales and fables). The folktales were collected form various internet resources, and some are my original translations.

I hope you find this website helpful. Expect new additions to the collection soon.

http://worldoftales.com/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:55:51 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy