Author Topic: Personal Video Database lets you catalog your movie collection Windows systems  (Read 3316 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Personal Video Database lets you catalog your movie collection fast and easy for Windows Systems

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php

You have landed on the site of video catalogue software - Personal Video Database. 

I have written this program because I could not find anything on the Web that would suit all my needs to catalogue my video collection. During the programming process I had very many ideas which I implanted and the program has grown rapidly. Hoping that my work would help someone else with his or her collection I put the program on the Web.

It's free of charge, so you can use it without any restrictions.

With Personal Video Database you can catalog your movie collection fast and easy. Thought-out user interface and different database management function make it easy to create and manage big movie databases. Powerful filtering, grouping and sorting help you find movies very fast.

The program is expandable with plugins. There are already plenty of plugins included with the installation that can help you retrieve movie information from different internet movie databases or other database formats.

Other important features of Personal Video Database include Loan management, full Unicode support and many more.

Runs under: Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista

This is a list of new features that have been added to version 0.9.9 as of release 0.9.9.10. It's purpose is just to provide a quick overview of where development stands (as of 0.9.10, it is complete). If you require more information, please use Search (relevant posts could be in a number of different forums). If you have a question or comment, please post to Support or Feature Suggestions. For features not yet implemented, see Outstanding feature requests.

* Database: Client-Server Support
    * Database: Replace folders in file paths when playing
    * Database: Access Rights
    * Database: Password protect

* Command line parameters: -readonly, -noconfig, -addmovie="title", -addfile="video_file_path", -selectmovie="title", -selectperson="name"

* File Scanner: RegExp support and additional functionality
    * File Scanner: Customizable file extensions for all video file operations

* Movies: Automatic screenshots (configure in Preferences)
    * Movies: Using ffmpeg for taking screenshots
    * Movies: Use first screenshot as poster option
    * Movies: Organize files by episodes (move multiple files from root record to separate episode records)
    * Movies: Video file information (now get information for multiple selected movies)

* Custom fields: Additional types, sorting, grouping, filtering (advanced search)
    * New fields: Budget, box office, release date, aspect ratio, original language, multiple audio streams, date added (people)
    * New fields: Last modified (movies and persons)

* Import: New plugin system - work progress UI; downloading multiple posters, movies or persons at once
    * Import: IMDb plugin option: download only one plot summary
    * Import: The TVDb plugin
    * Import: Download all found posters option (for kinopoisk plugin; IMPawards will be updated soon)

* Export: Fields now accessed by name
    * Export: Replace options added - replacecase and replace
    * Export: Customizable naming format for exported images
    * Export: Export near video files

* General: Movie Twitter
    * General: PVD Tray Icon

* Tools: Search-list-as-you-type (for movies/people)
    * Tools: Advanced search filters for Awards
    * Tools: Find movies removed from HDD
    * Tools: Reindex movies
    * Tools: Apply web search to all selected items

* Appearance: Skins - customizable colors, fonts, sizes and positions for all fields
    * Appearance: Customizable Toolbar, Hotkeys and List font
    * Appearance: Customize behaviour of links (Preferences - Miscellaneous)
    * Appearance: Collapsed/Expanded state of fields now restored after program restart

* Hotkey: Remove all posters/photos/screenshots/covers
    * Hotkey: Expand/Collapse all fields

* Internet connection: Download thread timeout (advanced setting)

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php

Categories: Catalog - Video - Windows - 2000 - Server 2003 - XP - Vista - Organize
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:45:05 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy