Author Topic: TimeMachineEditor lets you change the one-hour backup interval of Time Machine  (Read 3414 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
TimeMachineEditor lets you change the default one-hour backup interval of Time Machine.

TimeMachineEditor

TimeMachineEditor is a software for OS X that lets you change the default one-hour backup interval of Time Machine. You can change the interval or create a more sophisticated scheduling.

This is useful if you don’t need to backup every hour and don’t want the performance penalty. This is also especially useful if you manipulate lots of data within one hour as you would spend the whole day backing up.

Download (updated 09.03.14)

TimeMachineEditor 4.0.2

Works with Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite (beta).

What’s new?

-Fixed issue with Yosemite beta.

-Improved German localization.

How does it work?

TimeMachineEditor does not modify existing system files at all. Instead it handles its own scheduling to trigger Time Machine backups when you want them to occur. TimeMachineEditor also has its own ON / OFF switch that lets you enable / disable automatic backups.

TimeMachineEditor is free software. Use at your own risk.

Contact
You can contact us by e-mail.

About the icons
The icon of the application and the background image of the disk image have been designed by the great guys at GAFMEDIA STUDIO. Check out their web-site!

FAQ

Should I turn the big switch from the Time Machine preferences to OFF?

Yes. TimeMachineEditor handles the scheduling itself and has its own ON / OFF switch (which behaves very much like the one from Time Machine).

Do I need to keep TimeMachineEditor running all the time?

No. You just need to use TimeMachineEditor when you want to change the settings.

How does TimeMachineEditor preserve/discard backups?

TimeMachineEditor does not change that, it is handled by Time Machine. You can get more information on this in the Time Machine system preferences pane.

How do I uninstall TimeMachineEditor?

First make sure the little switch in TimeMachineEditor is turned OFF, then just trash the application.

I’m seeing a dialog about a Time Machine conflict. What should I do?

If you uninstalled TimeMachineEditor, you needed to turn it OFF first. Download the app again, turn the little switch to OFF, then trash the app. If you want to use TimeMachineEditor, make sure Time Machine is turned OFF in the system preferences.

Look at the Time Machine logs to get more information about Time Machine’s activity.

http://timesoftware.free.fr/timemachineeditor/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:48:20 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email