Author Topic: Zoltan the Weather headed god for Mac OS 10.4 or later  (Read 3263 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Zoltan the Weather headed god for Mac OS 10.4 or later
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »
Zoltan (the Weather headed god) for Mac OS 10.4 or later

Features:
1. Sound!
3. Graphics!
4. Dynamic weather & sky
5. Zoltan will answer your questions!
6. Completely Useless!!!
7. Universal Binary

Technical:
Zoltan
Released: 04/19/08
Size: ~19MB
Requirements: Mac OSX 10.4.7+
A mac, some RAM, a working monitor, functioning mouse

Zoltan 2.0! Now with more!

Zoltan 2.0 provides the same comforting features as version 1.2, but with the added bonuses of: Improved graphics, auto-update, a toolbar, useless help, ritual sacrifice, and an incomplete, meaningless "Book of Zoltan"!
All of this and more, still for the low, low price of free!

History
I originally made a program called Zoltan in 1998 on my Mac 6300-something. In the intervening near-decade I've drank a lot and now have no recollection of what Zoltan did or why. I do remember that Zoltan was a giant stone Moai head and that the program never made it out of college-basement-labratory-Alpha release. So, in the interest of confirming my implied insanity, I decided to resurrect this never-finished project that has been lost to the sands of time and outdated computers.

~Version 2.0 includes features originally meant for the game- like the ability to make sacrifices to Zoltan, and an all-around stranger game interface…

Facts & Figures
I started by recreating, to the best of my ability, Zoltan and his environs. I needed a reason for his existence, of course, and thankfully technological advances made during the last decade have allowed me to give him one: He shows you the weather! Much like his slightly-more-useful widget brethren, Zoltan will poll a weather RSS and change his surroundings based on the weather outside! Who needs windows or doors when Zoltan can tell you if it is raining, snowing, cloudy, or even night time outside?!?! Zoltan sits there, the weather swirling around him, waiting for you to ask him a question…

Read The Admiral's rant on the philosophy of Zoltan at the Mojiferforum

http://www.mojiferous.com/?loc=software&title=zoltan

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email