Author Topic: Radar In Motion Widget grabs radar images from TWC or NOAA  (Read 4361 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Radar In Motion Widget grabs radar images from TWC or NOAA
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »
Radar In Motion Dashboard Widget, for Mac OS X "Tiger" onwards, grabs radar images from The Weather Channel (TWC) or NOAA.

Software Santa LOVES his Copy! A Software Santa Pick! Now he knows if he needs to grab an umbrella on the way out the door. And Software Santa is proud to have made a tiny donation to the Developer as a way of saying "Thank You" for the most useful Dashboard Widget Software Santa has EVER used!

http://dividedsoul.net/RadarInMotion/

Radar In Motion

About Radar In Motion
A Dashboard widget for Mac OS X 10.4 or later that grabs radar images from the Weather Channel or NOAA and displays the animation. One can access the radar for a given city in the United States or get a regional map, including several international maps. The widget has options for displaying and updating the maps, including weather alerts and the ability to save maps for a specified period of time.

Radar In Motion 2.7.0: Return of Working Maps

As promised, here is a new version with fixes to compensate for weather.com’s changes! Radar In Motion 2.7.0 should fix the problem for you. I had to get a little creative in how I fixed it, so if you see anything unexpected in your maps, please email me with the specific location for which you are trying to load the map. It is most likely a missing map link that I can fix relatively easily.

I also fixed severe weather alerts and some small UI bugs.

Enjoy!

***NOTE: It seems that this version of Radar In Motion manages to get installed in addition to the current version instead of replacing it. When this happens, it’s possible that when you create an instance of Radar In Motion, it will be the old broken version instead of the new fixed one. I’m not exactly sure why that is happening. To fix it, I recommend removing all versions of Radar In Motion using the following steps:

Open Dashboard
    Click on the “+” in the lower lefthand corner.
    Look to see how many copies of Radar In Motion are in the set of icons.
    Hold down the option key on the keyboard. When you do so, a small “x” should appear in the upper lefthand corner of each icon.
    While still holding down the option key, click on the little “x” on the Radar In Motion icon.
    Click on “Delete” in the box that comes up.

Repeat these steps for every copy of Radar In Motion you see in the list of installed widgets. Once you have done that, delete the preferences files:

Delete the file Library/Preferences/widget-com.kamalaboulhosn.radarinmotion2.plist. In order to access this file, you may need to open Finder, hold down the “option” key, click on the “Go” menu, and then click on “Library.”
    Restart your computer.

Now, try installing the widget again and see if it now works.

Some people have asked about the possibility of contributing a little money for Radar In Motion. I am blown away by the sentiment and do appreciate the fact that people find the widget worthy of spending some money. I have therefore added a donation link on the web site that you can use if you want to send some money for the widget. Please don't feel obligated to and know that the widget will always remain available for free!

http://dividedsoul.net/RadarInMotion/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:51:56 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy