is an email and calendar server, hosted email, open source community, desktop mail client and more! Windows Mac X and LinuxZimbra Desktop is Software Santa's NEW Email and Scheduling Program: Entourage just failed him for the last time!
Zimbra Collaboration Suite Is a Server for Organizationshttp://www.zimbra.com
Our core product is Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS). It’s an email and calendar server plus much more; think about it like a next-generation Microsoft Exchange server. In addition to email and calendar, it provides document storage and editing, instant messaging, and simplified administrative controls all in an award winning webmail user interface built with the latest AJAX web technology. ZCS also provides mobility and syncs to desktop client applications; the server is deployed on commodity Linux and Mac server hardware.
There are several versions of ZCS to choose from:
* ZCS Open Source Edition (free)
* ZCS Network Edition
* ZCS hosted email by a Zimbra partner
Zimbra Desktop is the next-generation email and collaboration client.
The free Zimbra Desktop client allows you to meld the online and offline worlds – storing and synching your email, calendar, contacts, files and documents in the cloud, yet having them locally accessible when on the road. Zimbra Desktop aggregates information across accounts (Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) and social networks (Facebook, Digg, Twitter, etc.) to help make communicating & sharing information easier than ever.
Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1
Work Online or Offline
Zimbra Desktop is the perfect compliment to Zimbra’s web interfaces because it allows you to have your Zimbra email, calendar, contacts, document, shares and files on your local desktop as well as saved in the cloud. If you ever offline, you can keep on working and when you re-connect all your data automatically syncs again. It even works with any other email account.
All Your Accounts in One Place
Zimbra Desktop allows you to collect multiple accounts in a single place. Whether Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Hotmail or AOL mail, all of your email, calendar and contacts are integrated into a single UI along with your Zimbra mail. It’s simple to set up and, best of all it can all be accessed offline. Try doing that with your existing webmail accounts.
A Social Gathering
Zimbra Desktop also provides a single place to gather all tweets, Facebook posts, Digg articles, and many more. It’s the most complete cross-platform email and social media account manager available today. And when used with Zimbra Collaboration Suite, your information is now available everywhere – whether at your desktop, in front of a browser or on your mobile phone.
Try Zimbra Desktop with Zimbra Collaboration Suite
You can use Zimbra Desktop with or without Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS). If you choose to try ZCS you will be able to get your email on any computer with the web version of our experience plus access email, contacts, and calendar on thousands of mobile devices.
* Email, contacts, calendar, and documents all in one application
* Syncs Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail and Gmail email, contacts and calendars
* Read email from any POP or IMAP email account including AOL, Hotmail or business email
* Works on Windows, Mac, or Linux desktop computers
* No limit to the size of your email storage
* It works online and offline
* Available in 20 languages
* Easily compose, edit, delete, reply, or make drafts
* "Drag and Drop" messages into new folders or the Trash
* Supports plain text and html message formatting
* Add email signatures for each account and automatically reply with the correct "from" address
* Compose email even when you are not online-messages you send are saved in the "Outbox" and are sent when you connect again
* Supports any POP or IMAP email plus Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, AOL and Hotmail
Conversation Views, Tags, and Search
* Collapse email threads into a single Conversation View to simplify your inbox
* Tag messages as important from people you care about
* Quickly search your mailbox for pictures, documents or text-even with attachments
* Use Advanced Search to easily search by folder, date, person, subject or attachment
* Save searches as Virtual Folders- for example "All email with attachments from Joe"
* Now features built-in support for Yahoo! Inquisitor
* View addresses as Yahoo! Maps
* Automatically detect your location and find points of interest with Yahoo! Local
* Preview web pages at thumbnails instead of opening a browser
* See your calendar schedule from within an email message if you hover over a date
* Web Search powered by Yahoo! is built directly into Zimbra Desktop
* Automatically save pictures to Flickr
* Store all your contacts in one place for all your accounts
* Create groups and tags to organize them
* Add photos to contacts
* Auto complete email addresses when composing email
* Easily import new contacts from other applications as .csv files or export contacts as .csv files for backup
* Syncs Zimbra, Yahoo! and Gmail contacts
* Manage multiple color-coded calendars
* View calendars in Day, Week, Work Week, Month or List view
* "Fisheye" in the Month view let's you easily view and edit events
* Drag and drop' events to new days or to change times
* Import public web calendars (iCal format), such as sports schedules
* Invite others to meetings and view free/busy times
* Syncs Zimbra, Yahoo! and Gmail calendars
Documents, Tasks, Briefcase
* Edit Documents including add images, tables and spreadsheets; share them in email
* Track your to do's including start and end dates, percent complete
* Save attachments in Briefcase rather than as message attachments
* Works with any account you set up
Extra features with Zimbra Collaboration Suite
* Email, contacts, calendar, documents, tasks synchronize to the Zimbra Server
* Access to shared data from peers (email, contacts, calendars, etc)
* Works with both Open Source and Network Edition (ZCS 5.0+ servers)
* Existing user preferences (folders, signatures, settings, etc) are imported
* Access to mobile devices, the Zimbra online Web Client and much more
Zimbra Desktop availability
Zimbra Desktop is free for anyone download and use. It works on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.