Author Topic: Find My Device - From GOOGLE - is the BEST Android device Locator APP!  (Read 18769 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 10.0.1 Firefox 10.0.1
Find My Device - From GOOGLE - is the BEST Android device Locator APP!

Not "Where's My Droid"

Find My Device helps you locate a lost Android device and keeps your data safe and sound while you’re looking for it.

Features
Locate your phone, tablet or watch on a map. If current location is not available, last known location is displayed instead.

Play a sound. Find My Device can play a sound at full volume, even if your device is on silent.

Lock or erase the device, or show a custom message and contact number on lock screen. Find My Device lets you secure your device by signing out of your Google Account or adding a lock screen message.

Permissions Notice
• Location: Needed to show your device’s current location on the map.
• Contacts: Needed to access the email address associated with your Google account.

Before you can use Find My Device, you must have an active Android device.

Find, lock, or erase a lost Android device

If you lose an Android phone or tablet, or Wear OS watch, you can find, lock, or erase it. If you've added a Google Account to your Android device, Find My Device is automatically turned on.

To use Find My Device, your lost device must:

• Be turned on
  • Be signed in to a Google Account
  • Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
  • Be visible on Google Play
  • Have Location turned on
  • Have Find My Device turned on

Learn how to make sure that your device can be found if it gets lost.

Tip: If you've linked your phone to Google, you can find or ring it by searching for find my phone on google.com.

Watch a video about finding your device:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kic-A51Wqgk

Remotely find, lock, or erase
  • Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account.
    • If you have more than one device, click the lost device at the top of the screen.
    • If your lost device has more than one user profile, sign in with a Google Account that's on the main profile. Learn about user profiles.
  • The lost device gets a notification.
  • On the map, see about where the device is.
    • The location is approximate and might not be accurate.
    • If your device can't be found, you'll see its last known location, if available.
  • Pick what you want to do. If needed, first click Enable lock & erase.
    • Play sound
       Rings your device at full volume for 5 minutes, even if it's set to silent or vibrate.
    • Lock
       Locks your device with your PIN, pattern, or password. If you don't have a lock, you can set one. To help someone return your device to you, you can add a message or phone number to the lock screen.
    • Erase
       Permanently deletes all data on your device (but might not delete SD cards). After you erase, Find My Device won't work on the device.
       Important: If you find your device after erasing, you'll likely need your Google Account password to use it again. Learn about device protection.

• On another Android phone or tablet, open the Find My Device app Find My Device app. If the other device doesn't yet have the app, get it on Google Play.
  • Sign in.
    • If your own device is lost, tap Continue as [your name].
    • If you're helping a friend, tap Sign in as guest and let your friend sign in.
  • Follow the same steps as for the website.

The APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.adm

Master Control/Sign Up: http://www.android.com/find
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:09:24 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email