Author Topic: Find My Phone is a free service at the My Phone section of windowsphone.com  (Read 3415 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 14.0.1 Firefox 14.0.1
Find My Phone (For Windows Phones) is a free service at the My Phone section of windowsphone.com

Find a lost phone

It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone—whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions. Find My Phone can help lay your worry to rest. This free service at the My Phone section of windowsphone.com can ring, lock, erase, or show your phone on a map from any Internet-connected computer. Find My Phone makes it easier to recover your phone—or to prevent someone from using it without your permission.

Note:   If you're having trouble getting Find My Phone to work, see Error messages when using Find My Phone on windowsphone.com/my in Microsoft Support.

To map your phone's location:

On your computer, open a web browser, go to windowsphone.com, and sign in using the same Windows Live ID you use on your phone.
    Click My Phone, and then click Find My Phone. Follow the instructions in the dialog box (you'll only need to do this once—after that, your phone will automatically show up on the map when you go to Find My Phone).
    If your PC is connected to a printer, click Print to make a hard copy of your phone's location.

Tips
        •        Not seeing the latest location? Click Refresh.
        •        If you've scrolled the map and lost track of your phone's location on it, click Center on map.

To make your phone ring

On your computer, open a web browser, go to windowsphone.com, and sign in using the same Windows Live ID you use on your phone.
    Click My Phone, and then click Find My Phone.
    Click Ring, then follow the instructions in the dialog box (you'll only need to do this the first time you ring your phone).

Tip   Ã¢â‚¬Â¢   When you ring your phone, it will ring even if the volume is off or it's on vibrate mode.

To lock your phone and show a message:

Click Lock, then follow the instructions in the dialog box. If you don't already have a password set up on your phone, you'll need to enter one—you'll use it to unlock the phone when you get it back. You can also type a message to display on your phone's screen. Typically you'd enter an alternative phone number or an email address, so someone who finds your phone can contact you.

To erase your phone

Click Erase. On the confirmation screen, do one of the following:
        •        To start erasing your phone, select Yes! Erase my phone immediately, and then click Erase.
        •        If you've changed your mind, click Cancel.
    Warning:  Be careful! This is your last chance to back out.

Note:
It's a good idea to let your mobile operator know that you've lost your phone.

To change settings for Find My Phone

You can set up Find My Phone to save your location every few hours or to use push notifications instead of text messages to send commands to your phone. Change these settings on your phone, not on your PC.

1 On Start, flick left to the App list, then tap Settings Settings icon.
    2 Tap Find My Phone.
    3 Select one or both of the following:

•  Connect to these features faster (may use more battery). The Find My Phone service uses text messaging to send commands to your phone. Check this option to use push notifications instead. Why? Push notifications can be faster than text messages, and if your mobile operator charges you for each incoming text message, push notifications might also be cheaper. Also, My Phone can only send 15 text messages to your phone in a three-day period. With push notifications, there's no limit.

•   Save my location every few hours for better mapping. Microsoft can save your phone's location details every few hours so that if your phone is out of range or the battery dies, we can still show your phone's last-known location on a map

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/find-a-lost-phone.aspx

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy