Author Topic: Ardentryst is a cross platform action/RPG sidescoller set in another world.  (Read 2973 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • SeaMonkey 2.13.1 SeaMonkey 2.13.1
Ardentryst is a FREE, open source, cross platform, action/RPG sidescoller: set in another world.

Ardentryst is an action/RPG sidescoller, focused not just on fighting, but on story, and character development. Strategy as well as reflexes will be needed to overcome the game. The game is set in another world. It is somewhat a cross between Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Castlevania and Kingdom Hearts. Ardentryst is focused on a fantasy world. The player is guided through a storyline which he or her must act in and play a major role in keeping peace and order in Ardentryst. It features two playable characters and a variety of weapons, items, armour, monsters, and beautiful level scenery and graphics.

The game is programmed solely by me, Jordan Trudgett, and I'm now attending my first year in university, doing a Bachelor of Computer Science, majoring in Multimedia and Game Development. A lot of the art was also done by me but I did get a few artists to do some of the better drawings :)

The game was started on the 12th of September, 2007, and only now is nearing a somewhat complete release.

I would like to add more to the game, but I don't have the time right now-- so this will be a very big release!

As well as being free, to download and to play indefinitely, the game is open source which means anyone can view, edit, play around with and learn from the source code of the game. It is written purely in Python, with use of the pygame module (a wrapper around SDL.)

I hope the many sleepless nights and countless hours of work poured into this game are worth the enjoyment of everyone who plays it.

Jordan

You can get Ardentryst as a binary executable for Windows (.exe) or you can get the source package, which should run on any system with Python and pygame installed.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ardentryst/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ardentryst/files/ardentryst/1.7%20Time%20Warp/Install_Ardentryst17.exe/download
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:46:56 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email