Author Topic: ASEPRITE (Allegro Sprite Editor) is an Animated sprite editor and pixel art tool  (Read 1463 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • SeaMonkey 2.15.2 SeaMonkey 2.15.2
ASEPRITE (Allegro Sprite Editor) is an Animated sprite editor and pixel art tool!

ASE 0.8.0 Preview

What is ASEPRITE?
ASEPRITE is an open source program to create animated sprites & pixel-art. Sprites are little images that can be used in your website or a video game. You can draw characters with movement, intros, textures, patterns, backgrounds, logos, color palettes, isometric levels, etc.

Hello people! I'll try to keep you update about "what is going on" in aseprite development in these days. For v0.9.6 (the next release):

First of all, I'm restructuring the User Interface (UI). Don't worry, just a little bit (for better). The general idea is to integrate the Animation Editor with the Sprite Editor in the same window. Actually the Animation Editor acts like a completely different mode and that doesn't work so well. Also the Animation Editor is one of the most hidden features, so I want to make it more visible for new users. (If you don't know about it, you can press "Tab" key to see it.)
    Brushes! You should be able to select a portion of the sprite, copy it as a brush, and use the active tool to draw with that brush.
    Error reporting: On Windows there are important information to report crashes which can be useful to detect bugs in the code (the holy aseprite-memory.dmp file). I'll try to make it easier to report these crashes when the program is restarted.

For v0.9.x:

Tile maps: The next "big thing" will be a feature to draw tiles directly in a map as it were a big sprite (but you will be editing the sprite sheet indirectly). This feature will deprecate the "tiled" drawing mode (because you will be able to setup a 9x9 grid with the same tile to create patterns).
    Auto-save/recovery: The general idea of this feature is to auto-save the sprite in a temporary location, so if the program crashes you should be able to recovery some recent version of the file automatically.

How do I zoom?

Using keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (those above the QWERTY keys), or the mouse wheel.
Why do I see double-sized pixels?

Each Aseprite pixel uses 2x2 real pixels on the screen. It is designed in this way to reproduce look & feel of old sprite editors, and it is achieved only using this special configuration of pixels on the screen.

If you want to edit images with the full screen resolution, you've a workaround:

Close aseprite
    Open aseprite.ini file (or ~/.asepriterc on Mac OS X and Linux)
    Find ScreenScale = 2
    Replace with ScreenScale = 1
    Save, close the file, and run aseprite again

How do I move layers in the stack?

You've to use the Animation Editor. To open it you can press the Tab key or View > Animation Editor menu. Then you can drag-and-drop layers at the left side of the screen.
How do I export a .gif to a sequence of .png files?

You can open the .gif with File > Open and then select File > Save choosing a file name like frame00.png. When the operation is completed, you will get a sequence of files like frame00.png, frame01.png, frame02.png, etc.

http://www.aseprite.org/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:09:40 PM by Software Santa »

email