Author Topic: AndreaMosaic is FREE software for making photographic mosaic pictures  (Read 4571 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
AndreaMosaic is FREE software for making photographic mosaic pictures for Windows, Mac OS X Intel, or Linux.

AndreaMosaic is completely free for personal and commerical use but the license requires that you make AndreaMosaic more popular by giving a reference/credit to AndreaMosaic.
  This Link to AndreaMosaic has been consistently at this SAME PAGE for over 11 1/2 YEARS!

When Software Santa first listed this wonderful program, on March 08 2007, he was pretty sure there wasn't a Mac OS X or LINUX version available. Now he's discovered the Mac and Linux versions and moved this to the MAIN Graphics Listing. Software Santa Loves his copy, 11 years later!!!   A Software Santa Pick!  

Welcome to the official page of AndreaMosaic, a free project to create digital art using images and computer software. With AndreaMosaic you can create your own photographic mosaics made with your own pictures. A photo mosaic is an image composed of many tiled photos. Enjoy the artwork and feel free to contact the author at the Helpdesk.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Here you find the answers to some common questions:

Why is AndreaMosaic free?
    I believe that everything should be free and everyone should choose and enjoy a job as a volunteer. With the help of current technology we can produce enough food and tools for everyone, letting people live a simple life while taking care of the environment. Today we do not live in a utopia, but we must start somewhere and I would like to start with this small example.

Why do you ask end-users to give credit to AndreaMosaic?
    It costs you nothing to help AndreaMosaic in this way and it is necessary to acquire a wider user base for the program so AndreaMosaic will receive more donations. I also want to know about the artwork created with AndreaMosaic to see what you can do with the program. Your work is the best advertising anyone could hope for.

Why do you have a Bonus Pack / Professional version?
    Distributing AndreaMosaic free to everyone costs nothing, but the development of new features is an expensive, very time consuming task. I need the help from those who can afford to help. Your support pays the development of new functionalities available to everyone. This special version is a gift to those who support AndreaMosaic with a consistent donation and it includes features necessary only in a few cases, e.g. printing at a size greater than 200 Megapixels or with more than 30,000 tiles. People using this product in such a capacity are more likely to generate some kind of revenue with AndreaMosaic’s help and so will be more likely to share the wealth to help support future development and maintenance of AndreaMosaic. Note that a common digital camera has less than 30 Megapixels and with the standard version of AndreaMosaic you can create Mosaics up to 200 megapixels, enough for a big print.

What do I get with the Bonus Pack / Professional version?
    The Professional version has a few extra features that are not needed by the typical end-user. Check out the Donation Page for more details.

How do I get the Bonus Pack / Professional version?
    Follow the instructions in the Donation Page. Using Paypal / Credit Card you will get immediately an E-mail with the Bonus Pack / Professional version to download.

How many images do I need to make a good mosaic?
    Using very few images makes for less interesting mosaics but still works well. I rely on a collection of 20,000 nature photos. But even if you don't have that many images you can still maintain great quality by raising the number of tiles and activating the Tile Variations. You may raise also the Color Change value. I also recommend the AndreaMosaic Square version because it supports more variations.

Where can I get more images?
    Buy a small digital camera and shoot a lot! So you will have your own images. If you have a video camera then you can use AndreaMosaic to extract many frames from it. Minimally, you can simply visit sites that offer many images. flickr.com is one example that allows you to search for images that are usable commercially.

Enjoy!
Peace & Love.
Andrea

Download
AndreaMosaic is completely free for personal and commerical use but the license requires that you make AndreaMosaic more popular by giving a reference/credit to AndreaMosaic.
Just download and run the preferred setup file. It will install and run the program. To create a mosaic follow the tooltips inside AndreaMosaic. But I strongly suggest you take a look at the manual. For any question contact me at the Helpdesk.

Download stable version
AndreaMosaic 3.38

The full free version. No Demo. No time limit. Download the Portable version if you want to use AndreaMosaic on a USB Disk / Pen Drive / Memory stick for a fully portable usage. Use the alternative link if you have troubles with the download. AndreaMosaic is also on Wikipedia.

AndreaMosaic 3.38.0 - 9 August 2018 - File size: 17 MByte.

For windows

Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 2003,
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10

And a Portable Download

Download Latest Mac OS X Version:

OS X 10.7 - macOS 10.13
(Alternate download location)
Note: Size 67 MByte. Only OS X 10.7 Lion - 10.13 macOS High Sierra. For OS X 10.5 and 10.6 see below.

For Linux
   Install the free PlayOnLinux software using the standard installer of your linux distribution. Then start the program and in the Install section you will find AndreaMosaic.
As an alternative you can run AndreaMosaic successfully with the free Wine Emulator available on most if not all linux distributions. After you installed Wine download and execute the AndreaMosaic Windows Setup. Click Here for more details about AndreaMosaic under Wine.

English
Français
Italiano
Magyar
Español
Deutsch

Download sample images

Sample Image Collection:
   If you need some images to create your first mosaic then you can download and install these 500 free images.
9 March 2008 - File size: 5 MByte

Windows

Download Sample Images

Download legacy version for Windows
AndreaMosaic

Legacy version for
Windows 98/ME/NT

Portable Legacy version for
Windows 98/ME/NT

Download legacy version for OS X
AndreaMosaic

Mac legacy Intel

OS X 10.5 Leopard and OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Note: Size 50 MByte. Only OS X 10.5 and 10.6 with Intel CPU/Processor.

AndreaMosaic
Bonus Pack

The Bonus Pack is available to whoever supports in any way the development of AndreaMosaic. This version contains a few more Patterns. For more information see the Donation page and read the FAQ.

http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/ 

Categories: Graphics - Photographs - Mosaic Images - Windows - Mac OS X - Linux
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:19:02 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email