is a computerized version of Post-it Notes® for Windows 98 or later - just like the ones Macintosh users have had for decades!
What is Stickies? http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/index.html
Stickies is a PC utility I wrote to try to cut down on the number of Post-It® notes I was leaving stuck to my monitor. It is a computerized version of those notes.
The design goal behind Stickies is that the program is small and simple. Stickies will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores all information in a single text-based ini file.
Stickies will never support animated dancing figures, or play "Greensleeves". They are instead yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
* Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
* Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
* Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
* Stickies can be attached a web site, document or folder so they only show when it's on screen
* Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
o Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
o Play a sound file on receive
o Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
o Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
* Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
* Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
* Stickies can be transferred to and from your Palm or PPC PDA.
* International language support
* Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file, and does not alter the registry
* AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
* ...and Stickies is completely free!
Copyright, licence and disclaimer
Stickies is freeware. You may use this software on any number of computers for as long as you like, and you don’t have to pay a penny. There are no crippled features for registered users only, no time delays and no stupid nag screens.
All that said, Stickies is not public domain software. I allow the free distribution of the software, but I retain ownership and copyright of the software and its source code in its entirety.
You may use and/or distribute this software only subject to the following conditions:
* You may not modify the program or documentation files in any way.
* You may not sell the software or charge a distribution fee, except to recover the media costs.
* You may not remove my name or copyright notification, and you may not claim to be the owner or author of this software.
* You understand and agree with this licence and with the disclaimer printed below.
While every care has been taken to ensure that Stickies is safe, non-destructive and will not lose your data, you use this product entirely at your own risk. The author will not be held responsible or liable for any damages resulting from your use, misuse, or inability to use this product.
If you do not agree with this disclaimer or the above conditions of use, you should not use this product.
Stickies runs on Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The price of progress (and new features!) means that Windows 95 and Windows NT are no longer supported. You can get Stickies to run on these versions of Windows with some work, but you're probably better spending your time upgrading!
Categories: Office/Productivity - Windows 98 - Office reminders - Save on Post-it® notes