Author Topic: ExpressionX lets you make sound set plugins for Microsoft Office Macintosh Apps  (Read 3836 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Expression X lets you make sound set plugins for Microsoft Office Macintosh Applications like Outlook Express or Entourage. For PPC Macintosh Classic OS 9 or Mac OS X systems up to OS X 10.6.8 - this doesn't work for OS X 10.7 or later!

Originally Created by Erik J. Barzeski, one of the "Apple Wizards", and Hosted at Soundset Central: this program was orphaned recently with the demise of soundset central.

ExpressionX.dmg is no longer found on the Internet. I'm hosting ExpressionX.zip which is a zip file of a copy of Expression X I found buried on an old hard drive (which IS the same program that USED to be packed away inside expressionx.dmg ).

It works in Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X: you launch it and Make a new Set.
Name the set and populate it by dragging System 6 through System 9 sound files to the Various sound allocation boxes. Leave the "Alert" position empty to make it an Outlook Express 5 Soundset. Then you save your Soundset.

The Older Soundset Tools for OS 9 are Found Here
http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/design/activites/sonification/I_BySoft/00_Tools/index.html
Soundset Creator is still available!

And some ready made FREE Soundsets can be Downloaded from This Outlook Express / Entourage Soundsets Page

Download ExpressionX for Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X up to 10.6 here.

Categories: Soundset Creation - Mac OS 9 - Mac OS X - Microsoft Office sound set plug in - Outlook Express 5 Sound Set creation - the ONLY download of ExpressionX (PPC/Intel Binary) remaining on the internet.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:44:20 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email