: a 3-D interactive simulation of a DJ setup: for Mac or Windows or Mac OS X
The Tactile12000 is a 3-D, interactive simulation of a DJ setup - two turntables and a mixer. You can crossfade, backspin, and speed up and slow down music, including full-length WAVE and MP3 songs, on your computer. It is a cross-platform application for both Windows and Macintosh. You can use it to mix like a DJ or let it mix your MP3 playlist automatically. It has been featured in RayGun and Print's Interaction Design 2000.
Version 2.1 adds support for multiple sound cards on Windows. It contains bug fixes and other improvements. Version 2.0 added many new features:
* support for mixing music from your hard drive, including MP3 files
* cueing with headphones (it can play back the cue record on the left channel)
* keyboard controls for the turntables and mixer
* more precise control of the mixer and records
* pitch bending and cue points
* autoMix: automatic mixing of your playlist
Sound Formats supported:
* Windows: WAVE, MP3 and AIFF, plus other sound formats supported by QuickTime.
* Macintosh: WAVE and AIFF. MP3, compressed AIFF, WAVE and QuickTime Audio with QuickTime 4 installed. QuickTime 4.1 improves MP3 support.
* You may also load .m3u playlist files with lists of sound files
Though this is Open Source (FREE Software) a donation is politely requested by the developer. Seems like if you're into this sort of thing it'd be worth a FEW bucks, huh? http://www.tactile12000.com/features/index.html
Categories: Audio Applications - Mixer - Macintosh Classic - Mac System X - Windows