is a free and easy to use Gantt chart based project scheduling and management tool.
Save hundreds of dollars on Microsoft Office Project Standard edition!http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5rHCSa5ad34http://www.ganttproject.biz/
GanttProject is a free and easy to use Gantt chart based project scheduling and management tool. Our major features include:
* Task hierarchy and dependencies
* Gantt chart
* Resource load chart
* Generation of PERT chart
* PDF and HTML reports
* MS Project import/export
* WebDAV based groupwork
No, I don't know what all this Martian means: But it sounds as if it would be Really, REALLY Expensive if you had to PAY for it!
It LOOKS really, Really expensive, too! Oh, goody! Here's a page with little bitty words on it I can Understand: Learn about GanttProject
What is it all about?
It is all about project scheduling. GanttProject is a tool for creating a project schedule by means of Gantt chart and resource load chart. We assume that you know what do these words mean. If you don't, the following links may help you to start:
(Links Removed: go to that page if you want to know more)
What can I do with GanttProject?
With GanttProject you can break down your project into a tree of tasks and assign human resources that have to work on each task. You can also establish dependencies between tasks, like "this task can't start until this one is finished". GanttProject renders your project using two charts: Gantt chart for tasks and resource load chart for resources. You may print your charts, generate PDF and HTML reports, exchange data with Microsoft(R) Project(TM) and spreadsheet applications.
What are benefits of using GanttProject?
There are many commercial and opensource project management applications. Some of them have more features, some look better. None costs less, as to the best of our knowledge The key benefits of GanttProject are:
* Good (and growing!) set of basic features. This set is enough for most people (remember that 80% of MSProject customers use 20% of it's numerous features)
* Easy learning. You don't need thick manuals to start working with GanttProject. If you are familiar with the notion of tasks, assignments and dependencies, you'll become an expert in GanttProject in a couple of hours.
* Excellent price. Commercial project management tools cost a lot of money. GanttProject is free for any purposes.
* Crossplatform. GanttProject is a Java application and runs on Windows, Linux, MacOSX and other operating systems supporting Java.
* Open source code. You can tune GanttProject for your needs, implement missing features, add your own reporting, etc.
Oh, I get it! There is a really expensive program from the Micro$oft company called "Microsoft Office Project Professional" but you get yourself both GanttProject and OpenOffice and save (BIG BUCKS)
on Office 2007 ... COOL! Go get yourself some really, REALLY expensive software (for FREE): http://www.ganttproject.biz/
Or test drive the WebStartable demo
(without HTML/PDF export and MSProject import/export) right now!
Categories: Office Applications - Project Management - Mac System X - Panther - Tiger - PPC - MacIntel - LINUX - Windows - Office 2007 Microsoft Office Project Professional