Money Manager Ex
© is a free, open-source, easy-to-use personal finance software for Windows or Linux
Money Manager Ex© is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software. It primarily helps organize one's finances and keeps track of where, when and how the money goes. It is also a great tool to get a bird's eye view of your financial worth.
Money Manager includes all the basic features that 90% of users would want to see in a personal finance application. The design goals are to concentrate on simplicity and user-friendliness - something one can use everyday.
Money Manager Ex is a complete rewrite of the original Money Manager .NET.
It can run on Windows and linux currently and a port to other platforms can be made if required.
* Intuitive. Simple, Fast, Clean
* Maintain checking, credit card, savings, stock investment accounts
* Maintain and Track Fixed Assets with depreciation
* Reminders for recurring Bills and Deposits
* Simple one click reporting
* Cash Flow Forecasting
* Does not require an install. Can run from a USB key.
* International language support (Available in 18 languages)
* Import data from any CSV format, QIF [ Microsoft Money ]
* Printing, Exporting to HTML, CSV
* Non-Proprietary SQLite Database
* Manage Multiple Accounts
Create and maintain an electronic checkbook - Checking, Savings, Credit Card or Loans, Stock Investment Accounts, Assets
Checking, Savings, Credit Card or Loan Accounts
* Manage income and expense transactions within these accounts
* Create your own categories and organize these transactions to track where your money comes or goes.
* Manage money transfers between accounts
* Mark transactions as reconciled, unreconciled or void to track them against your bank statements
* Manage Payees
Stock/Bonds/Mutual Fund Accounts
* Track your shares, bonds and related investments
* Track the gain/loss for each investment
* Update current share price
General Account Features
* Ability to handle multiple currency across accounts
* Internationalization of currency formatting
* Unicode support for all data storage
* Track closed Accounts
* Setup accounts as favorite accounts
* Track your Bills and Deposits
Create bills & deposits to be reminded of your upcoming bills and deposits so you never miss a payment or deposit
* Account Summary Views and Navigation
An easy to use tree view navigator to navigate across accounts and summarized views of your accounts, upcoming bills & deposits and income vs. expenses
Setup budgets for a calendar year and see how you are doing over time.
* Importing, Exporting and Printing
Ability to import, export and print your account information
* Import information from Excel (Comma Separated Value -.CSV) format
* Import information from QIF format (Microsoft Money & Quicken)
* Export information from any account to Excel (Comma Separated Value -.CSV) format
* Printing of reports/accounts with inbuilt print preview.
View your spending/expenses in a wide variety of ways.
* View spending by category over a date range for specific or all accounts
* View spending on a single category over time
* View income vs expenses
* View spending by payee
* View expenses and how you are doing on a budget.
- Currently works under Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
- Binaries available for Ubuntu/Kubuntu Linux 6.10, SuSE Linux
- Can be compiled from source for any other Linux Distro
Categories: Office Tools - Money Management - LINUX - Windows