is the easiest to use, free, browser to browser internet phone.
About the switchboard http://theswitchboard.ca/
Our plan is to create the easiest to use, free, browser to browser internet phone.
How is the switchboard different from other internet phones?
* it does not run silently in the background using up resources
* it does not allow third party access to your computer
* it does not require any installation
Many other internet phones use your computer as a node in a vast computer network. This may seem like a good idea, except for the fact that they are using your bandwidth and CPU resources to route other people's calls through your computer. This means that even when you are not using these other internet phone applications they are still using you! Slowing down your computer, and your downloads.
The switchboard only uses your internet connection and CPU when you are placing a call. Plus, when you leave the site the switchboard does not run covertly in the background. We are dedicated to preserving your computing privacy, thus our revenue streams will consist of advertising on the site, and licensing to other web sites, not utilizing your computer as a resource for other customers. Therefore, the switchboard will always be free for the individual user.
* internet phone calls
* conference calls
* instant messaging
* file transfer
* MSN, AIM, and ICQ compatibility
* works in corporate network environments (i.e. works through web proxy servers)
* email notifications
* 100% web-based, no installation
* works over modem connection
* Java 1.4 enabled web browser
* internet connection
* microphone and headphones
* Mozilla Firefox
* Java 1.5 or better
Categories: Internet - Internet telephone - Mac System X - Panther - Tiger - PPC - MacIntel - LINUX - Windows