Virtual Magnifying Glass Portable
is a full-featured screen magnifier for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.
Virtual Magnifying Glass is a free, open source, cross-platform screen magnification tool. It is simple, customizable, and easy-to-use. http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/
* Microsoft® Windows® Vista, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98 or 95
* or a UNIX system running X11 (any Linux Distribution, FreeBSD, etc)
* or Mac OS X 10.4 or superior (I think Intel Macs only: it doesn't work for me!)
* 800x600 or higher screen resolution and at least 16-bit colors recommended
* A good display adapter and CPU recommended for smooth performance
* Multiple-display systems are supported on Windows 98/ME, Windows NT4/2000/XP
* Multiple-display systems are not supported on Windows 95 (Magnifying Glass will be run in the primary display only)
* On multiple-display systems, the magnifying glass may not display at the correct location if the monitors have a vertical offset between them.
* Experimental Dynamic Mode added
* Experimental Mac OS X version
* Show the center pixel's RGB values, in both decimal and hexadecimal.
* Multi-monitor support
* Lens height and width can have any size
* Mouse scroll-wheel now controls zoom factor (NO: bug reports about that are on record)
* Esc key closes magnifier window, but it remains on systray. Q key closes the software
* Crosshairs now have tickmarks for scale factors at 4x and above
* Variable scale factor from 1x to 32x in
* New configuration dialog to choose the plugin, Hotkey and other settings
* A list of which features are currently available on the Linux version can be found on the README file distributed with it.
* Pocket PC version.
* Distribution specific Packages on their mirrors.
* Improvements to the Dynamic Mode: Redirect mouse clicking under the glass to the seen position. Fix alignment issues on the glass. Improve the color conversion algorithm on YUV color mode displays.
Categories: Office tools - Screen Magnifier - Mac System X - Leopard - Tiger - MacIntel - LINUX - Windows