is a Multithreaded fractal generator written in Java 1.5 for Many Systems!
Mac OS X 10.4 or Later / Windows 2000 or Later / LINUX / BSD / HP-UX / OS2 / BeOS / Amiga ...
A fractal generator with the following features:
* Platform independent: runs on any Java virtual machine (1.5 or later; 1.6 up to twice as fast!)
* Multithreaded: uses any amount of threads for faster calculation on computers with multiple cores/CPUs.
* Unlimited precision: use any amount of decimal digits for endless zooms (optimized 64 bit precision).
* Coloring: smooth interpolation; random color maps; color functions; over 1600 color maps available.
* Draw modes: choose between draw modes to see pixel, line, block or only full image result.
* Fast zooming: get an instant preview of the location you're zooming into.
* Multi Fractals: calculate as many fractals as you like at the same time.
* Usage slider: set percentage of processor usage for fine grained system load (0% = pause).
* XML Fractal Settings: save & load your fractal settings.
* Flexible Formulas: change parameters of formulas to create totaly new images.
* Image formats: any file format supported by the Java virtual machine (PNG, JPG, BMP, etc.).
* Post processing: add effects to the final image (blur, emboss, spin, etc.).
* Printing: print your image directly from endlos.
* MIDI songs: yup, endlos plays MIDI files! E.g. these: Video Game Music Archive.
* Open Source: GNU General Public License (GPL).
What's the origin of the name? Well, endlos is german and means endless, infinite, ad infinitum. But not only fractals are endless, the platform independency enables endlos to run on an endless amount of operating systems (having a JVM); you can use virtually endless threads making endlos faster the more cores your CPU has; the precision mode 'unlimited' can virtually use endless decimal places; the permutations of random colors are higher than your eyes visual spectrum; the number of parallel fractals are only restricted by the computer's RAM and your screen's dimension; Open Source has the potential to live forever. There are lots of attributes in endlos making it deserving its name ...
Categories: Graphics - Fractals - MIDI - - Mac System X - Panther - Tiger - PPC - MacIntel - LINUX - Windows - BeOS - Java 1.4.2 or Later