is a free hard disk partitioning and data management tool. i386 type Systems ...
"...Partition Logic, a third party tool which corrected my corrupted partitions in all of a minute... Partition Logic clearly demonstrates that it’s possible to have such tools, and be easy to use, and have a nice GUI and be less than 1Mb." -- Carl Bateman, www.bitwisemag.com
ABOUT PARTITION LOGIC
Partition Logic is a free hard disk partitioning and data management tool. It can create, delete, erase, format, defragment, resize, copy, and move partitions and modify their attributes. It can copy entire hard disks from one to another.
Partition Logic is free software, available under the terms of the GNU General Public License. It is based on the Visopsys operating system. It boots from a CD or floppy disk and runs as a standalone system, independent of your regular operating system.
Partition Logic is intended to become a free alternative to such commercial programs as Partition Magic, Drive Image, and Norton Ghost.
Partition Logic supports most basic PC hardware without any additional work or configuration. It has very modest (by today's standards) requirements:
* Pentium-class or better x86 processor. Supports all modern Intel x86 and AMD processors.
* 32 megabytes RAM memory (16 megabytes if operating in text mode).
* IDE (ATA) hard disks for partitioning.
* IDE (ATAPI) CD-ROM drive, if booting from the CD version.
* Standard PC floppy disk, if booting from the floppy disk version.
* For graphics mode, a VESA 2-compatible graphics card with linear framebuffer support.
* USB or PS/2-syle keyboard.
* USB or PS/2-style mouse, if operating in graphics mode.
Partition logic has the following limitations:
* Does not work with some SATA hard disks
* No hardware support for non-USB SCSI hard disks
* Supports only DOS/Windows-style MBR partition tables (used on nearly all IBM PC-compatibles). No support for Sun or BSD disk labels, or EFI/GPT tables used on Itanium and Intel Mac platforms.
* Cannot format partitions as NTFS or EXT3. Can format as FAT (12/16/32), EXT2, and Linux swap.
* Cannot resize FAT or EXT filesystems. Can resize NTFS (Windows XP) and Linux swap.
* No hardware support for serial mice
* No hardware support for PCMCIA
These limitations are intended to be fixed in future releases.
Categories: System Repair - Bootable CD - Partition Magic - LINUX - Windows