WavePad Sound Editor
: full featured professional sound editor for Windows or Mac
A Software Santa Pick!
WavePad Sound Editorhttp://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html
Professional Audio Editing Software
This audio editing software is a full featured professional sound editor for Windows or Mac. It lets you make and edit music, voice and other audio recordings. When editing audio files you can cut, copy and paste parts of recordings and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. WavePad works as a wav editor or mp3 editor but it also supports a number of other file formats including vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and more.
The program is designed to be a very easy and intuitive to use for audio editing. Within minutes you will be able to open or record a file and edit it. But if you take time to explore the other features you will find many powerful tools for editing audio designed with the professional sound engineer in mind.
A full list of features follow but a quick way to try it out is to download and install now. You don't need to purchase and it only takes a couple of minutes to complete the process.
We make WavePad free in the hope you will like it so much you will be tempted to upgrade to WavePad Master's Edition. The Master's Edition has additional effects and features designed with the professional sound engineer in mind.
* Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, autotrim and more.
* Audio effects include, amplify, normalize, equaliser, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion and more.
* Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and many more.
* Batch processing supports up to 32000 files allowing you to apply effects and/or convert your files as a single function.
* Tools include spectral analysis (FFT) and speech synthesis (text-to-speech).
* Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording and more.
* Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal.
* Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
* Includes its own CD ripper with 'ultrafast 'rip mode and cddb music database lookup.
* Works directly with MixPad multi-track audio mixing software.
* Links directly to the Express Burn CD Recorder to burn your sound files to CD.
* Easy to use interface will get you started editing in just minutes.
Typical Editing Applications
* Software audio editing for studios and professional journalists.
* Edit sound files to broadcast over the internet with the BroadWave Streaming Audio Server
* Normalizing the level of audio files during mastering before buring to CD.
* Editing mp3 files for your iPod, PSP or other portable device.
* As a music editor (includes ringtones creator formats).
* Music editing and recording to produce mp3 files.
* Voice editing for multimedia productions.
* Windows 95/NT4/98/2000/Me/XP/2003/Vista or later;
* Mac OS X 10.2 or later; or,
* To run under Linux use WINE.
Categories: Audio Utilities - Music - Recording - Editing - Windows - Mac OS X - Linux