Author Topic: wikiCalc is an Open Source Wiki-Spreadsheet Written in Perl ....  (Read 4468 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
wikiCalc is an Open Source Wiki-Spreadsheet Written in Perl ....

An Open Source Wiki-Spreadsheet

The wikiCalc program lets you make web pages with more than just paragraphs of prose. It combines the ease of authoring and multi-person editing of a wiki with the familiar visual formatting and calculating metaphor of a spreadsheet. Written in Perl and released under the GPL 2.0 license, it can easily be setup to run on almost any server as a web application or on a personal computer to publish by FTP.

wikiCalc is currently released as version 1.0 for use on Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix, and other platforms that can run the Perl language.

The program is written by Dan Bricklin (me) and is available under a GPL 2.0 license. It is available under other licenses and also as an optional commercial hosted service with support from Socialtext Inc. Socialtext will be doing the commercial distribution of wikiCalc and providing the resources for me to run an Open Source development project derived from wikiCalc. For historical purposes, you can read my essay explaining a little more about what wikiCalc is and why I created it on the "About wikiCalc 0.1" page on my blog.

wikiCalc is currently aimed at users who are comfortable figuring out how best to use a new tool. It is very flexible and there are many options to meet many different needs. It should be especially of interest to the DIY (Do It Yourself), corporate IT, and VAR (Value Added Reseller) crowd. Such people can set it up for use by others. Much of the early interest has also come from the academic and scientific communities.

http://www.softwaregarden.com/products/wikicalc/

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email