Author Topic: JewelToy is a simple game played against the clock (BeJeweled) for Mac X  (Read 4546 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
JewelToy is a simple game played against the clock (BeJeweled) for Mac X

Does NOT work on Mac OS 10.7 "Lion" and Beyond!!!!

A Software Santa PICK! One of the Most Addictive and Simple Games is "Jewel Toy" a Mac OS X version of Bejeweled.

JewelToy - a simple pastime for OS X

JewelToy is a simple game played against the clock ...

It was Easter and the kids were home so I thought I'd give my work on my other projects a break and do something else.
I knocked this up for fun and learned some important lessons about using custom subclasses of NSView and internationalization at the same time.
It took me about a week to go from idea to version 1.0.0, including some tricksy debugging and designing all the graphics for the game. I'm sure I couldn't have done this as quickly using anything other than Apple's Cocoa IDE.
Of course, it's then taken a year to add the polish that makes up version 1.3.0...
NEW!

OpenGL for Lightspeed!

JewelToy now uses OpenGL to power its graphics. This means that it will no longer slow down if you're browsing the web and listening to iTunes while you're playing. Users with older machines will see a marked increase in playability.

Custom Backgrounds

Now as well as using your own pictures as gems for JewelToy, you can set the backdrop for the game to any image on your hard drive. Simply check the 'Use custom backgrounds from folder:' box, and click the 'Select Folder' button to choose the folder from which to draw the background graphics.

http://www.aegidian.org/jeweltoy/index.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:18:59 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email