Author Topic: PhotoScale is a picture resizing and format changing tool in JAVA most systems.  (Read 4381 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
PhotoScale is a picture resizing and format changing tool, written in JAVA, for most systems.

Santa LOVES His Copy! A Software Santa Pick!

PhotoScale is a picture resizing and format changing tool. It can scale all the images inside a directory to a defined resolution quite quickly. It's pretty useful for users of social networking and photo sharing sites.

What's this?

PhotoScale! is an image scaling tool, it allows you to resize whole directories of images to mostly any(reasonable) resolution and also convert them to different image formats.

It's an ideal tool when you have to upload to the web huge amounts of pictures. Most social networking sites use quite low image resolutions and uploading 3072x2304 (7 megapixels, approximately 4.5 megabytes) pictures is both a waste of time and bandwidth.

For example, Fotolog.com uses a resolution of 500x375 (~20kb), uploading your 5mb picture over a 1mb connection would take ages (most upload speeds are under 100kb/s, mine is about 20kb/s). If you scale the picture before uploading, the transfer takes almost nothing!

System Requirements

There aren't many system requirements actually, you just need to have the latest version of java runtime edition installed on your system to run the program. I haven't tested it yet, but I think 128mb of RAM is more than enough to run the program.
In case you don't have Java, get it from the official site.

About the Author

This program was created and is mantained by a hoopy frood called Ale Ricatti, who comes from somewhere in the vicinity of Corrientes, Argentina, and of course, always knows where his towel is!
If for some weird reason you feel the urge to contact me, drop a message at the forums, or use sourceforge's mail system to reach me ;D[/size]

http://photoscale.sourceforge.net/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 03:56:36 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email