Author Topic: Danger from the Deep is a World War II german submarine simulator.  (Read 6140 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Danger from the Deep is a World War II german submarine simulator.

Danger from the Deep

Danger from the Deep (known as dangerdeep or DftD) is a free (as in free speech), Open Source World War II german submarine simulator. The program and source code is available under the GPL license and most of the artwork/data is released under a Creative Commons license (Attribution/NonCommercial/Non-Derivative works).

DftD is currently being developed on Linux (i386 and AMD64) and Windows. There are binarys available for Linux (i386 and amd64), Windows (32bit) and there are some old packages for MacOSX. Danger from the Deep makes use of SDL/OpenGL and thus should be portable to other operating systems or platforms.

DftD has even been reported to work on:

* Windows (2000/XP/98)
    * Linux (i386/x86-64/sparc64)
    * FreeBSD (x86-64/sparc64/IA64)
    * MacOS X (ppc64)

This game is planned as tactical simulation and will be as realistic as our time and knowledge of physics allows. It's current state is ALPHA, but it is playable. If anyone want's to contribute in development, you're welcome, just email the dangerdeep-devel mailing list. Contributing binary packages for various Linux distributions would also be much appreciated.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dangerdeep/files/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:53:25 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy