Author Topic: FontNuke removes corrupt / troublesome font cache files on Mac OS X 10.4+  (Read 3226 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
FontNuke removes corrupt / troublesome font cache files on Mac OS X 10.4+

A FREE tool for removing font cache files on Mac OS X  Mac OS X. Fonts. Font Caches. ERRR! Having the aforementioned as part of my daily grind, enough is enough and frustration sets in! So I made a tool to make my life easier.

Solution? FontNuke.

FontNuke is a free utility application for Mac OS X 10.4.x+ (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks) that removes corrupt and troublesome font cache files. I created this application as a tool for my personal use at the office, and has become very useful for me. To grant individual non-admin users the ability to remove font cache files, without my involvement--is HUGE! Not to mention intelligent application quitting, plus a GUARANTEED reboot, makes my life easier. FontNuke removes system font caches (Mac OS X font cache files), Adobe font caches (*.lst), Microsoft Office font caches, and now also (as of version 1.1.9) ALL versions of QuarkXPress font cache files.

I formerly had shell scripts installed on my clients, and would log in via SSH, then execute my cache removal script each and every time the clients had a font issue. That gets old fast, so rather than continue to work that way, I assembled FontNuke.

I made this application for myself, and I'm just posting it here to share. On top of the fact I like free things, so hey...why not keep it free! If FontNuke is useful to anyone else, please--help yourself. I take no responsibility for any products of misuse.

FontNuke has been an indispensible tool for me. Especially as a sysadmin with non-admin users experiencing font cache issues. Empowering users with tools to remain productive is what I'm all about.

I have recently added an option which purges spotlight indexes on startup volume from /.Spotlight-V100. This has been added due to some intermittent unresponsiveness when searching network volumes for some of my MCX clients.

NOTE: Please use this feature (Reset Spotlight) with caution. This feature will purge all Spotlight indexes without a forced rebuild. This is recommended ONLY if you understand fully the contents of /.Spotlight-V100. Volume re-indexing may take minutes to several hours.

Questions? Visit the NEW: FontNuke FAQ

System Requirements
  • Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.x - Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.x
Download For OS X 10.6.x - 10.9.x (version 1.2.2): 1.9MB

For legacy OS X 10.4.x - 10.5.x (version 1.1.9): 4.5MB

http://www.jamapi.com/pr/fn/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:55:05 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email