Author Topic: AnalogX K-LOC Calculator can calculate the total project K-LOC rating  (Read 3049 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
AnalogX K-LOC Calculator can calculate the total project K-LOC rating ....

(OK: Santa admits he thinks this is the equivalent of a "Gag Present" - like a plastic vomit - maybe good for one chuckle but hardly practical.)

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/Programming/kloc/Freeware.htm

Over the years, the software development community at large has gotten a whole host of valuable information about project management from good old Big Blue (IBM)... I should clarify that - valuable information on how NOT to manage a project. For fun, I decided to resurrect one of their worst ideas ever, K-LOC (or more appropriately, paying programmers based on K-LOC).

The AnalogX K-LOC Calculator is the exact opposite of PCalc, my programmer's calculator - this has almost no real world application, but it is fun for the number crunchers out there who want some sort of metric about the project. Sure, the metric is completely arbitrary, but hey, you can feed it into a spreadsheet! heheh... Actually, I would say that K-LOC does have its uses (a simple way to measure project complexity, perhaps), but there aren't too many.

AnalogX K-LOC Calculator can scan any number of files, any wildcard extension, and even recursively check subdirectories. It returns not only the total project K-LOC rating, but the average file K-LOC rating and total file size of the project as well!

K-LOC Calculator works on all versions of Windows, from Window 95 to Windows 7 and everything inbetween (including XP, Vista, Win2k, etc). If you have a general question related to any of the programs on the site, or would like some additional info related to the downloads in general, then check out the downloads FAQ.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/Programming/kloc/Freeware.htm
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:00:29 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy