Author Topic: EchoMac is a Macintosh Amateur Radio EchoLink Client  (Read 3891 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
EchoMac is a Macintosh Amateur Radio EchoLink Client
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »
EchoMac is a client program for OS X that allows connection to the Amateur Radio Echolink system

EchoMac is a client program for OS X that allows connection to the Echolink system. It is built as a Universal Binary, and works on OS X 10.3.9, 10.4.11, or 10.5.x.

The first time you use the Echolink network, you will need to verify your callsign.

Requirements

* OS X 10.3.9 or later with the BSD Subsystem
    * Audio input device (selected by Sound preference pane before launching EchoMac)
    * Internet connection

1. I can connect to the Echolink servers and see the list of connected stations, but can not successfully connect or receive audio.

Read the Solving Problems section of the EchoMac Help about configuring a router with Network Address Translation (NAT) so that incoming UDP traffic on ports 5198 and 5199 reach your Mac.

If you have enabled Block UDP Traffic behind the Advanced... button of the Sharing Firewall preference pane, then you should create a rule that allows UDP traffic on these ports to pass:
         1. New...
         2. Port Name: Other
            UDP Port Number(s): 5198-5199
            Description: EchoMac
         3. OK

2. How do I register/validate my callsign with Echolink?

Echolink handles all of the callsign registration and validation. Their web site includes pages that allow you to register your callsign and email address and then validate your callsign.

3. I've forgotten my Echolink password. How can I recover it?

The Echolink web site offers a page to request a password reminder.

4. How can I donate to the EchoMac project?

EchoMac is designed and programmed by volunteers. We hope you enjoy using it.

The Echolink network that EchoMac uses is also entirely developed and supported by volunteers completely free of charge. However, to help defray their costs, the Echolink organization accepts contributions through their Vanity Node Numbers system.

http://echomac.sourceforge.net/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:50:20 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email