Author Topic: All Books Free is a website devoted to giving away free fiction books online  (Read 3044 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
All Books Free is a website devoted to giving away free fiction books online

Recommended by Gizmo Richards (or his staff) over at
Tech Support Alert!

My Thanks to him and his staff!

Free Novels, Free Children's Books,
Free Short Story Collections, and Free Poetry Books

Welcome to All Books Free, a website devoted to giving away free novels, children's books, short story collections, and poetry books. All books are provided courtesy of their authors and/or publishers.

When you click on a link, you'll be taken to the author's or publisher's website to download the book for free, generally as an Adobe PDF file that you can keep and read at your leisure.

If you like the books you read this way, please tell your friends about the books. The authors and publishers are providing the books for free download as a way to get the word out about their wonderful books. Please support them by telling others about their books. Thank you.

Free Novels
    Free Children's Books
    Free Short Story Collections
    Free Poetry Books

Book Promotion Advice

In 1999, bestselling author Paulo Coelho sold only about 1,000 books, so his Russian publisher dropped him. After he found another publisher, Coelho took a radical step. On his own Web site, he posted a digital Russian copy of The Alchemist. With no additional promotion, print sales picked up immediately. Within a year he sold 10,000 copies; the next year around 100,000. By 2002 he had sold a total of a million copies of multiple titles. Today, Coelho's sales in Russian alone are over 10 million copies and growing. “I'm convinced it was putting it up for free on the Internet that made the difference,” he said in an interview.

Science fiction novelist Cory Doctorow makes all his books available free via his website. As he notes, “The biggest threat to an author's livelihood isn't piracy, it's obscurity.”

From Seth Godin's blog (January 7, 2008):

“The opportunity of digital distribution is this: When you can distribute something digitally, for free, it will spread (if it’s good). If it spreads, you can use it as a vehicle to allow people to come back to you and register, to sign up, to give you permission to interact and to keep them in the loop. Many authors (I’m on that list) have managed to build an entire career around this idea.”

Peter Workman, the publisher of top independent publisher Workman Publishing, has stated that “For every one book you give away, you sell three.”

From M. J. Rose's blog, Buzz, Balls & Hype, on giving away ebooks:

“Haven't we had this debate before? Over and Over? Haven't enough writers proved it not only helps introduce new readers to the writers but that it does the opposite of cannibalizing sales? It spurs them on. Haven't we seen movies, laundry detergents, expensive cosmetic lines, perfumes and just about every other frigging product in the world use free samples to get the consumer thinking about your product?”

In an interview with USA Today, M. J. Rose note, “We found we were selling more, not less, copies of the books we were giving away. Anyone who really wanted the book will buy the book. But there are so many more people who think, 'Hmmm, it looks interesting, but I'm not sure.' And this is how to go after them.”

From M. J. Rose's blog on the Huffington Post:

“As a reader I'm suffering along with every other reader by a wealth of books (over 1,000 novels are published every month) but not a wealth of wallet and so every time I walk into a bookstore or go to a bookstore online I'm confronted with more titles that I want to read than I have money to buy.... With so many books to buy, I wind up with choice fatigue and all too often end up buying the safe bet - the book by the author I've read before who I'm sure will offer a satisfying read and passing over new books by authors I haven't heard of even if they look interesting because I can't buy everything and I can't afford to make many mistakes. But if you buy books this way you're bound to miss out on a lot of exciting discoveries.”

http://www.allbooksfree.com/

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email