Author Topic: Free Books for All is a website devoted to giving away free nonfiction books  (Read 3038 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Free Books for All is a website devoted to giving away free nonfiction books

Free Business Books, Free Memoirs, Free How-to Books, Free Travel Books, Free Spiritual Books ...

Welcome to Free Books for All, a website devoted to giving away free nonfiction books on business, how-to, cookbooks, self-help, spiritual, memoirs, biography, health, politics, social issues, sports, travel, and more. All books are provided courtesy of their authors and/or publishers.

When you click on a link, you'll be taken to the author's or publisher's website to download the book for free, generally as an Adobe PDF file that you can keep and read at your leisure.

If you like the books you read this way, please tell your friends about the books. The authors and publishers are providing the books for free download as a way to get the word out about their wonderful books. Please support them by telling others about their books. Thank you.

Please note that most of the free ebooks featured here are also available as printed books via online booksellers such as Amazon.com or BN.com.

Free Business, Economics, Personal Finance, and Computer Books

Free How-to Books: Art, Beauty, Cookbooks, Crafts, Entertainment, Gardening,
    Health, Home, Movies, Music, Parenting, Relationships, Travel, Sports

Free Memoirs, Biographies, Quotable Books, Writing/Publishing, and Reference Books

Free Spiritual, Religious, Mind/Body/Spirit, and Self-Help Books

Free Ecology, History, Philosophy, Politics, Science, and Social Issues Books

Book Promotion Advice

John Kremer's Ten Million Eyeballs Internet Marketing Events

“Thanks a lot for listing my ebook on freebooksforall.com. I've already gotten several hits from it (in just two days!). FBFA is a terrific service both for readers and writers. Thanks!” — Hillary Rettig, author, The Little Guide To Beating Procrastination, Perfectionism and Blocks: a Manual For Artists, Activists, Entrepreneurs, Academics and Other Ambitious Dreamers

“I loved this site because it’s got lots of great marketing books, which are some of my favorite foods and it helps expose and promote great business experts. The list of authors is no B list. You’ll find change agent, Seth Godin, guerilla marketing expert, Jay Conrad Levinson and word of mouth master, Dave Balter just to name a few. In addition to downloading some worthy titles, I also submitted my book on creativity, too.” — Karen Post, author, A-Z Creativity and co-founder of OddPodz, the idea engine

Peter Workman, the publisher of top independent publisher Workman Publishing, has stated that “For every one book you give away, you sell three.”

From M. J. Rose's blog, Buzz, Balls & Hype, on giving away ebooks:

“Haven't we had this debate before? Over and Over? Haven't enough writers proved it not only helps introduce new readers to the writers but that it does the opposite of cannibalizing sales? It spurs them on. Haven't we seen movies, laundry detergents, expensive cosmetic lines, perfumes and just about every other frigging product in the world use free samples to get the consumer thinking about your product?”

Science fiction novelist Cory Doctorow makes all his books available free via his website. As he notes, “The biggest threat to an author's livelihood isn't piracy, it's obscurity.”

From Seth Godin's blog (January 7, 2008):

“The opportunity of digital distribution is this: When you can distribute something digitally, for free, it will spread (if it’s good). If it spreads, you can use it as a vehicle to allow people to come back to you and register, to sign up, to give you permission to interact and to keep them in the loop. Many authors (I’m on that list) have managed to build an entire career around this idea.”

Tim O'Reilly, publisher of O'Reilly Books, has said that “Obscurity is a far greater threat to authors and creative artists than piracy.”

In 1999, bestselling author Paulo Coelho sold only about 1,000 books, so his Russian publisher dropped him. After he found another publisher, Coelho took a radical step. On his own Web site, he posted a digital Russian copy of The Alchemist. With no additional promotion, print sales picked up immediately. Within a year he sold 10,000 copies; the next year around 100,000. By 2002 he had sold a total of a million copies of multiple titles. Today, Coelho's sales in Russian alone are over 10 million copies and growing. “I'm convinced it was putting it up for free on the Internet that made the difference,” he said in an interview.

In an interview with USA Today, M. J. Rose note, “We found we were selling more, not less, copies of the books we were giving away. Anyone who really wanted the book will buy the book. But there are so many more people who think, 'Hmmm, it looks interesting, but I'm not sure.' And this is how to go after them.”

http://www.freebooksforall.com/

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email