Author Topic: WebGrabber can mirror, copy, synchronize, or download a web site.  (Read 3632 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.13 Firefox 3.6.13
WebGrabber is a utility that you can use to mirror, copy, synchronize, download, scrub or "steal" a web site.

What is WebGrabber?

WebGrabber is a utility that you can use to mirror, copy, synchronize, download, scrub or "steal" a web site.

WebGrabber is a simple wrapper around the gpl'd project pavuk (see http://www.idata.sk/~ondrej/pavuk/), a web grabber/spider (mailto:ondrej@idata.sk).

This UI is very "unfinished" and not all pavuk command line options are supported, but I wrapped the most useful and most common options first - if people want more - I can do more. ]

What can you use WebGrabber for?

* You can use it to download entire web sites and even spider off of there.
    * You can download an entire directory of images without being able to "see it" (i.e. no ftp access).
    * You can use it for ftp downloads, it'll even split downloads across sessions and resume downloads.
    * All sorts of neat stuff.

Download

Mac OS X

You can Download the WebGrabber for OS X application and source - WebGrabber.0.7.tar.gz

ToDo

* Integrate with OmniWeb a little better than just plain old services support
    * Add more options
    * Add proxy support (included in pavuk, just not wrapped)
    * Add a simple line for entering of "other" pavuk options (expert user stuff)

License

I release WebGrabber under the GPL, as is pavuk. I have slightly altered the pavuk source (added on fflush(stdout) in the tools.c method xprintf) to make it work better under X Server.

http://www.epicware.com/webgrabber.html

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email