Author Topic: GRSites has FREE resources for building web sites with sounds fonts and buttons  (Read 3884 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.18 Firefox 3.6.18
GRSites has FREE resources for building web sites: backgrounds, sounds, fonts, menus, and buttons.

Web Design tools for the rest of us.

Design Custom Icons! Design Custom Web Pages!

Absolute Sound Effects Archive 
ONE OF THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF
FREE SOUNDS ON THE INTERNET
Now with 1,980 high quality, attractive sound effects for use in web pages, games and multimedia applications.

Absolute Background Textures Archive
THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF
FREE BACKGROUND TEXTURES
ON THE INTERNET
Now with 5336 seamlessly tiling, attractive background textures
for use in web pages, graphical software or on your desktop.
Sorted by color and motif. Fully customizable!

Absolute Fonts Archive
ONE OF THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF
FREE FONTS ON THE INTERNET
Now with 6,800 high quality, attractive fonts for use in
web pages, desktop publishing or word processing.

GRSites Button Maker

Buttons
Regular Colored Button
Regular Textured Button
Fancy Colored Button
Fancy Textured Button
Colored Arrow
Textured Arrow

GRSites Text Logo Maker

2D Text Logos
3D Text Logos
Animated Text Logos   

GRSites Menu Maker

Tab Menus
Navigation Menus
Horizontal Bar Menus

* Horizontal
      Item 1 Item 2 Item3
    * Drop
      Item 1 Item 2 Item3
    * Downs
      Item 1 Item 2 Item3

Horizontal Drop Down Menus

* Vertical
      Item 1 Item 2 Item3
    * Drop
      Item 1 Item 2 Item3
    * Downs
      Item 1 Item 2 Item3

Vertical Drop Down Menus

GRSites Texture Maker

Gradient Textures

Procedural Textures

Pattern Textures

Text Textures

GRSites Text Box Maker

Text Boxes

Plain Text Box

Plain Gradient Text Box

Rounded Plain Text Box

Rounded Gradient Text Box

Dark Glow Text Box

Colored Ripped Paper Text Box

Textured Ripped Paper Text Box

Button Title Text Box

Glass Border Text Box

Fade Out Text Box

Nested Rounded Text Box

Sliver Border Text Box

Textured Box

I created an oval or pill shaped button, but there's white corners around it and my web page's background is of a different color!
If you know the hex value of the web page's background color, enter it in the grey box that asks for the "background color". For instance, enter 000000 (six zeros) to make the button's corners black. Alternatively, you can simply select the 'Transparent' option in the Background Color field to eliminate the problem.

I created a button/logo/menu/text box and linked to the picture, but now it's gone!
When you make a custom graphic, the image file is only kept on GRSites.com for 6 hours. Therefore, you must download any graphics that you create and upload them to your web site if you wish to use them. Alternatively, you can save them to your GRSites Folder which will keep them on GRSites.com indefinitely. That way you can simply link to the image for FREE.

How do I put the button/logo/menu/text box into my web page?
When generating it, follow the "Instructions" section near the bottom of the screen.

I really like one of the fonts in the web design generators, where can I find it?
Email us if you wish to have one of these fonts and we will send it to you.

Are these buttons/logos/menus/text boxes really free for me to use as I like?
Yes, they are yours to keep and use however you like. No questions asked.

I tried to paste an animated logo into Dreamweaver, but I can't see it!
Because the logo is flash-based, you may not be able to see it in the Dreamweaver application itself. But once the web page is online, you will be able to see the logo in your web browser.

I created a menu and pasted it into my web page, but it's aligned incorrectly.
When generating the menu, look for the "Menu Alignment on Page" option in the section labeled "Other".

How do I make a glass box like the one on GRSites?
Check out this text box generator to make your own: http://www.grsites.com/generate/generator/8010/

Are these background textures really free for me to use as I like?
They are freeware. They were not created by us, but were obtained from various sources on the Internet that referred to them as freely distributable. They can be used freely for use in web pages and so on, but some of the authors of these graphics might not approve of seeing them used for commercial purposes (e.g. making them part of a commercial software package.)

How do I use these fonts in my Windows applications like Word?
You must download the font's TTF file and save it in the C:\WINDOWS\FONTS directory. That will install the font and make it available to all your applications.

Are these fonts really free for me to use as I like?
They are freeware. They were not created by us, but were obtained from various sources on the Internet that referred to them as freely distributable. They can be used freely for use in web pages and so on, but some of the authors of these fonts might not approve of seeing them used for commercial purposes (e.g. making them part of a commercial software package.)

How do I put a sound file in my web page?
You must download the sound file and save it to your web server. Then you can link to it and make it available to all your pages.

Then you may use the following HTML tag:

Code: [Select]
<EMBED SRC="sound.wav" WIDTH=344 HEIGHT=60 AUTOLOAD=TRUE AUTOSTART=false VOLUME=100 CONTROLS=Console>
Replace "sound.wav" with the URL of the sound file on your web server. This tag will create a Windows Media Player box in the web page with Play/Stop/Volume buttons.

To have the sound play automatically, without showing a Media Player box, use the following tag:

Code: [Select]
<EMBED SRC="sound.wav" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 AUTOLOAD=TRUE AUTOSTART=false VOLUME=100 CONTROLS=Console>

http://www.grsites.com/start/header/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:03:13 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy