Author Topic: BingoCardMaker Creates Custom Image Bingo Cards  (Read 3375 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 8.0.1 Firefox 8.0.1
BingoCardMaker Creates Custom Image Bingo Cards
« on: December 31, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
BingoCardMaker Creates Custom Image Bingo Cards

Introduction

Bingo is a great way to liven up boring vocabulary or grammar practice that language teachers like myself have to drag our students through. Simply collect some images based on the target vocabulary/grammar, make them into bingo cards for your students, and then play bingo by reading out words/sentences which uniquely identify an image. The hardest part of the process is making a random/unique bingo card for each of your students, and that's what BingoCardMaker does for you.

BingoCardMaker automates the process of generating random bingo cards from a group of images. The cards it creates are highly customizable; you can change their size, title, colours, output format, and filenames -- all through a user-friendly interface.

I've tried to make everything as self-explanatory as possible, so using BingoCardMaker should be straightforward. However, if you do encounter something you don't understand here are some things you can do:

Don't worry about it. Most everything has a default setting which is more than sufficient, and BingoCardMaker will tell you if you've missed something.
    Play with it. I've designed BingoCardMaker to be very robust, so that nothing you do will break it (I hope). Feel free to mess around with things in order to learn how they work.
    Starting in Version 7.0, there's a Preview option in the last panel. You can use this feature to see what your bingo cards will look like, then go back and change something if you're not satisfied.

Get Started

BingoCardMaker will take you through a four step specification process, in which you tell it what kind of bingo cards you want. Then it will generate bingo cards based on your specifications. The four specification steps are as follows:

Decide how you want your cards designed.
    Choose which images you want to use for the bingo squares.
    Configure the output format of the cards, ie: choose what kind of image will be used to save the cards (JPG, BMP, etc).
    Decide where you want the cards placed (on your computer) and how to name their files.

No Fancy Requirements

BingoCardMaker is built in Java, which means it will work on any computer, no matter what (as long as Java is installed). If you'd like an explanation how Java works and why I used it, then please read this page.

Free for Everyone

BingoCardMaker is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) which means it's available for free to everyone, though it was originally designed for teachers. Specifically, it was designed for foreign language teachers who often need simple games for motivating their students to practice new vocabulary or grammar points.
Of course, if you feel like showing your appreciation, you're always welcome to donate.

http://bingocardmaker.sourceforge.net/

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy