Author Topic: Where Is Willy is a fun Money Related web site for tracking Canadian currency  (Read 9553 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • SeaMonkey 2.16.2 SeaMonkey 2.16.2
Where's Willy is a fun Money Related web site for tracking Canadian currency!

Welcome to Where's Willy?®

Do you ever wonder where that paper money in your pocket has been, or where it will go next? This is the place to find out.

All you need to do is enter the serial number of any Canadian Bank Note, and your current Canadian Post Code or USA ZIP code in the box on the site.

If you are from the U.S.A, be sure to check out Where's George? to track your U.S. Currency!

You can always enter bills without Registering, but you will need to have an account to be able to come back later and follow the bills you have entered. You can enter your bill now, and register later, too.If your Canadian Bank Note has been entered here before, you will get back a list of all the cities/provinces where that note has been, as well as travel time, distance and speed of each hop!

If this Canadian Bank Note has not been entered before, you started the list!

Frequently Asked Questions

#1 Why is this site all about?
   In 1998, I created Where's George? - The United States Currency Tracker. Since then, I've had many requests to create a version to allow our Canadian neighbors to play as well..and Where's Willy? is here to do just that.

#2 When did this site get started?
   Where's Willy? was officially launched on February 20, 2001.

#3 Who is "Willy"?
   "Willy" is Sir Wilfrid Laurier - The first French Canadian Prime Minister. He held office from 1896 to 1911. His portrait is on the Canadian $5 bill.

#4 I got this bill with Where's Willy? on it, What do I do?
   Please go to the Where's Willy? Home Page

and enter the serial number and your current Postal Code and then hit the 'SUBMIT' button. Remember that you need to register before entering any bills in order to put them on your account so you can come back and track where they go next!

#5 HELP! I followed all the directions, I registered, and then entered this bill I just got with www.whereswilly.com

on it.  But it did not have any history associated with it.  If someone wrote or stamped the address on the bill, it must be in the system. What did I do wrong? What's going on? I really want to see where this bill has been!
   If the bill report you got back had no other entries (be sure to scroll down all the way), then either the person who stamped the bill never entered it, or entered it incorrectly.  Be sure to enter the correct denomination and series, as these are the most common mistakes.  If you email the serial number, denomination, and series to us on the Contact Us Form

we will look into it and let you know what happened.  In the mean time, be sure to properly enter the denomination, serial number, and series when you enter bills.

#6 Do you make money from this?  If so, how?
   Where's Willy? was not created to make money or collect email addresses or anything like that.  It was created to simply allow people to track their currency as it circulates around the country and the world.  The funds generated from the banner ads and the Friends program go to help pay for the hardware, software, and bandwidth it takes to keep the site running.  The point is to have fun tracking your dollar bills and interacting with thousands of other fun and interesting people here at Where's Willy?  Please join in the fun!

#7 Then who/what pays for the site and keeps it running?
   First and foremost, the site is entirely FREE for all users. It costs you NOTHING to use the site. Second, the site is mostly funded by me, from the banner ads, and from selling Where's George? merchandise (see the George Store

or Cafe Press WG store

) Many users have also joined the OPTIONAL Friends of Where's Willy?

program for some extra special benefits. I also invest a significant amount of my spare time each week.

#8 Great, but what is the Friends of Where's Willy? program?
   It is a program to allow the users to access new and enhanced features for a small monthly contribution. In addition, ALL banner ads are removed for members of the Friends program. Click Here

for information on how to join the program.  Every little bit helps - and thanks for your support.

#9 Is it legal to write on or mark currency?
   Where's Willy? does not encourage the defacement of your currency. We cannot locate any Canadian statutes that prohibit writing on currency. For more detailed info on the Canadian laws, please see this link

. The United States law defines "illegal" defacement as defacement that renders bills unfit to be re-issued. Users of Where's Willy? should follow the same guidelines to prevent problems for Canadian banks and merchants.

http://www.whereswilly.com/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:35:41 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy