Author Topic: PasswordMakerJE is a port of the Firefox PasswordMaker plugin to a Java app  (Read 2652 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 25.0 Firefox 25.0
PasswordMakerJE is a cross platform port of the Firefox PasswordMaker plugin to a standalone Java application.

passwordmaker-je
Password Maker Java Edition

A port of the Firefox PasswordMaker plugin to a standalone Java application.
Features
  • Read/write RDF files. RDF is the format the Firefox plugin uses. You can re-import changes saved from PasswordMaker-JE into the Firefox plugin.
  • Sorting of accounts (alphabetical ascending/descending, folders on top/bottom).
  • Cross platform.  Anywhere that SWT has been ported to, PasswordMaker-JE can run (once a jar is built for it).
  • Supports all the non-buggy versions of hash algorithms from the Firefox plugin.
    • MD4
    • HMAC-MD4
    • MD5
    • HMAC-MD5
    • SHA-1
    • HMAC-SHA1
    • SHA-256
    • HMAC-SHA-256
    • RIPEMD160
    • HMAC-RIPEMD160
  • Search by URL. Copy and paste your browser's URL into the URL search box to search the list of account patterns for a match (similar to how the Firefox plugin locates accounts based on the current page).
  • Filtering.  If you have alot of accounts, you can use the filter box to narrow down the list of visible accounts.
  • The interface is very similar to the Firefox plugin.
  • Command-line support (limited at the moment).
Please see the Usage page for information on how to use the program.
Please note that this is BETA software.  I've done my best to test and make sure it generates passwords identical to the Firefox plugin and to the best of my knowledge, it does.  But I'd advise you to keep backups of your password settings just in case something does go wrong.

http://code.google.com/p/passwordmaker-je/

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email