Author Topic: Ticker Factory has free tickers that graphically display progress toward goals  (Read 2742 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.9 Mac OS X 10.9
  • Browser:
  • SeaMonkey 2.33.1 SeaMonkey 2.33.1
TickerFactory.com has free graphical tickers that graphically display progress towards a goal.

What are these tickers for?
We created the first graphical tickers in 2003. Tickers were originally designed to visualize pregnancy progress for FertilityFriend.com's Pregnancy Tracker.

Tickers are used on message board signature, blogs, web pages, email signatures... They graphically display progress towards a goal (see the various ticker types available on TickerFactory.com).

How do I use these tickers on a black or dark background?
On the final page where you get your ticker code to cut and paste, you will find an option for light and dark backgrounds.

How do I login?
TickerFactory.com does not use any registration system or ask for any personal identification (such as email address). Tickers using data that needs to be updated (weight loss, exercise...) only requires you to know the ticker web address and the PIN protecting the modifications to its data. If you use the code provided on TickerFactory.com, just clicking on your ticker will lead you to its update page. From there you can edit its style and its data.

What is the PIN?
TickerFactory.com does not use any registration system or ask for any personal identification (such as email address). Tickers using data that needs updating (weight loss, exercise...) only require you to know the ticker web address and the PIN protecting the modifications to its data. The PIN prevents unwanted modification of the ticker while allowing you to keep the same web address for your ticker.

The weight loss ticker also provides an additional setting which allows you to protect the historical data by your PIN for extra privacy. Please note that if you lose your PIN we will be unable to provide access to your ticker data as we do not ask for identifying information as part of our privacy setup.

How can I create multiple tickers?
Each ticker is independent. You can create as many tickers as you need. Visit tickerfactory.com and then pick a ticker category. In some cases you will see a "new ticker" button on the page if you were creating tickers with data stored on the site.

How do I use these tickers on my favorite board/site?
You simply need to copy one of the code blocks presented to you on the last page of the ticker designer. The code to select depends on the site or board where you would like to display it. You may need to ask for help where you plan to use them. In general boards use the message boards code and web pages use the HTML code.

Can I place the ticker in my email signature?
Some email software/service (but unfortunately not all) allow you to add an HTML signature (Outlook, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL allow it, check your email software help to know how to do so). Just copy the HTML code block into the appropriate entry of your email software/service.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/faq.php

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email