Author Topic: WPClipart is a collection of high-quality public domain images  (Read 971 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
WPClipart is a collection of high-quality public domain images
« on: October 20, 2008, 09:21:28 AM »
WPClipart is a collection of high-quality public domain images ....

https://www.wpclipart.com

Clip art and photos

WPClipart is a collection of high-quality public domain images specifically tailored for use in word processors and optimized for printing on home/small office inkjet printers. There are thousands of color graphic clips as well as illustrations, photographs and black and white line art. WPClipart started out as "Abiclipart" in 2003, a collection I amassed and edited for my kids to use with Abiword in junior high.

Nearly all are available in lossless, PNG format. The wpclipart server is also able to convert any image (up to 600 pixels in width or height) to a JPG. Larger images usually have a JPG version of the same size on the server. Transparent versions of PNG images are also being created, several thousand have been completed so far.

Clip art and photos
WPClipart is an ever-growing collection of artwork that is genuinely free of copyright concerns as well as safe from inappropriate images. Usage in school research and reports is my main focus when creating, or finding and editing -- but there are photos and clips here that work great for commercial uses, book illustrations, office presentations, and some just for fun...

Today's image count:

All the images here are Public Domain.
So enjoy,
come back often
and tell your friends!

Privacy Policy
WPClipart
Does NOT use cookies or any registration or login or attempt to gather any information on any visitor whatsoever. Apache logs are kept to track/prevent any malicious activity if it were to occur on-site, but are periodically dumped and not shared or viewed or used for any other purpose.

Advertising
WPClipart uses advertising from Google. They run ads that I believe are appropriate for this site's audience (any ads involving alcohol and gambling are blocked.) I have yet to see an ad be crude or overly intrusive. The ad layout onsite is never meant to confuse ads with content. There is only one ad per page (and one in the "related" framed page that appears below the image display pages.)

That said, Google is a contexual advertiser, and as such they use anonymous cookies on the user's machine to track web visiting habits. (In order to serve targeted ads.) However, since Google is part of the Digital Advertising Alliance, you have the ability to OPT OUT of them personalising ads (via collecting information.) For use in Europe I have opted to use non-targeted ads rather than the tracking cookies.

Funding
Help support WPClipart!

The images are vetted for public domain status more rigourously than any user-submitted site, I tweak/improve clips I don't create myself, especially conscious of printability. The images will always be OK for kids to view.

I rent a dedicated server that I configure and maintain myself, and wrote custom databasing software just for WPClipart. (Yeah, I'm a bit of a geek.) I do computer repair as a profession -- but the more money I make from the website, the more time I can devote to it's improvement.

And if you have a question or problem -- you can email me, and I will usually be helpful :-)

That's what I offer, and my dream is to work on the site full time. So if you'd like to donate a couple bucks through PayPal, much appreciated! 

https://www.wpclipart.com/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 07:06:58 PM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email