Author Topic: Me and My Shadow is an online privacy resource website.  (Read 874 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.12 Mac OS X 10.12
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 67.0 Firefox 67.0
Me and My Shadow is an online privacy resource website.
« on: June 07, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »
Me and My Shadow is an online privacy resource which includes information on how to control data traces, tracking and the data industry.

Me and My Shadow

Me and My Shadow is an online privacy resource which includes information on how to control data traces, tracking and the data industry.

Running from 2011 to 2018, this project aimed to tackle the loss of control that we feel as we use digital technologies: where is the data going? Who owns it? How can we make safer, more informed choices? Resources such as the Alternative App Centre, Trackography and later the Data Detox Kit gave some answers to these questions, giving simple and informed steps towards a more in-control digital self.

The training curriculum, that was developed as part of Me and My Shadow, gave over 30 workshops and activities that privacy champions around the world could download and use in their own communities. Topics included How the Internet Works, Draw Your Browser History and Choosing Tools.

Me and My Shadow was Tactical Tech's first solely privacy-orientated project and the content that was developed over the seven years continues to be fed into current projects and curriculum. The majority of this content was merged with the Data Detox Kit in 2018 and 2019, but you can still visit the website to scroll through resources, blogs and curriculum.

Thank you for visiting the Me & My Shadow website. Please note that this website is no longer being updated. It will remain live as an archive, but some of the information may be out of date. In 2019 we will be migrating some of the content to Tactical Tech's other websites, so please stay tuned!

me and my shadow
take control of your data

What are digital traces?

Through your computer, mobile phone, and other digital devices, you leave behind hundreds of digital traces (also called data traces) every day: bits of information about you that are created, stored, and collected.

When your digital traces are put together to create stories about you or profiles of you, these become your digital shadows. These can give others huge insight into your life; and they can also be totally wrong. Either way, once they're out there, they are almost impossible to control.... 

https://seamac.info/softwaresanta.com/sss/what-is-a-digital-shadow.mp4 

five simple steps

To take more control over your data.

CHANGE SETTINGS
    Follow our how-to guides for boosting your privacy as you browse the internet and use social media.

INSTALL ADD-ONS/EXTENSIONS TO BLOCK TRACKERS
    See how to make your website visits a lot more private in just ten minutes.

USE ALTERNATIVE TOOLS: EMAIL, CHAT, SEARCH, etc
    Keep your data out of corporate hands by using alternative, free and open source tools. Find out what's out there!

EVALUATE YOUR TOOLS
    Key questions to ask about the tools and services you're using now, and about those you're thinking about using.

PRIVACY AND SECURITY BASICS
    Make these five things a habit.

https://myshadow.org

https://www.tacticaltech.org/#/projects/me-and-my-shadow

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email