Author Topic: Help Heal Veterans mails FREE Craft Kits to US Veterans and Active Serviceperson  (Read 56 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Mac OS X 10.12 Mac OS X 10.12
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 67.0 Firefox 67.0
The Help Hospitalized Veterans organization is now called Help Heal Veterans  - FREE Craft Kits to US Veterans and Active Duty Service Personnel!

(Help Heal Veterans is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, non-profit organization ... Get a Tax credit AND feel good about helping US Veterans Out - a "Win - Win" proposal!)     

Santa's Note: Tax Deductible Donations to this worthy organization are turned into Craft Kits which are mailed Freely to US Service Veterans for rehabilitation and recreation purposes. ANY Person who serves, or served, in the U.S. military, AND has received medical or nursing care in the last six months - from any source - may freely apply for these free Craft Kits HERE ----> https://www.healvets.org/for-veterans/request-home-delivery. Software Santa himself receives these kits regularly: and Thanks all Donors to this Non-Profit Organization - THANK YOU!

Help Hospitalized Veterans is now Help Heal Veterans

VETERANS SERVICE GROUP ANNOUNCES UPDATED BRAND, WEBSITE AND LOGO

Help Heal Veterans “reflects today’s level of care,” says new CEO

WINCHESTER, Calif. – Today marks the introduction of an updated brand, including a new website and logo, for a 45-year-old veteran service organization formerly known as Help Hospitalized Veterans but now known as Help Heal Veterans. 

“Updating our identity has everything to do with the future work of our mission – helping all veterans, and not just those in hospitals,” said U.S. Navy Capt. (Ret.) Joe McClain, CEO of HEAL VETS. “By updating our name and logo, we are re-focusing our efforts and re-committing our organization to the mission of helping any veteran and military member in need. The name ‘Help Heal Veterans’ reflects the modern reality of the work we do.”

The new website for the organization is found at www.healvets.org. The new logo depicts a star formed by five outstretched hands, symbolizing people working together to help veterans. Using hands in the new logo also evokes HEAL VETS’ hands-on mission of delivering handicraft kits to veterans and active service members in need of physical or mental therapy.

First established in 1971, HEAL VETS has provided free and therapeutic craft kits to hospitalized and homebound veterans for generations. The HEAL VETS kits help traumatized veterans improve their motor skills, manage stress and substance abuse, while also improving their sense of self-esteem. Most of these kits are developed, fabricated and packaged for delivery in our Winchester, Calif., production facility.

For Veterans
When wars end, the battle within begins.

Each week, Help Heal Veterans (HEAL VETS) supplies hundreds of therapeutic craft kits to military service members and veterans receiving medical care. These kits are produced from the ground up, in our warehouse in Winchester, CA.

Kits include a wide variety of crafts and materials such as leatherwork, models, woodwork, jewelry, painting, needlecrafts, poster art, scrapbooks and many more.

We work closely with veterans and clinicians to provide the right kit to meet the veteran’s specific need. Whether it’s restoring coordination and impaired motor skills, improving concentration, or relieving symptoms of depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, our goal is to give our veterans what they need to heal. Our kits are also used as diversions and recreational therapy for patients.

Craft Kits come at no cost to the veteran. Generous donations provide the funds needed to offer these products to America’s veterans and military servicemen and women.

Help Heal Veterans

First established in 1971, Help Heal Veterans has provided free therapeutic arts and crafts kits to hospitalized and homebound veterans for generations. These craft kits help injured and recuperating veterans improve fine motor skills, cognitive functioning, manage stress and substance abuse, cope with symptoms of PTSD and TBI, while also improving their sense of self-esteem and overall physical and mental health. Most of these kits are developed, manufactured and packaged for delivery at our production center headquartered in Winchester, California.

Since inception, Help Heal Veterans has delivered nearly 31 million of these arts and crafts kits to veterans and veteran facilities nationwide, along with active duty military overseas.  Kits range in categories including woodworking, leather, models, and a variety of needlecrafts, paint-by-numbers and many others

We often receive notes and letters from veterans, letting us know how grateful they are for the therapeutic kits.  One veteran said, “I served during the Vietnam War, and because of my service connected disability I am limited in what I can do. The kits help me pass the time. My dad retired from the military and served two and half tours in ‘Nam. He just recently passed away and the craft kits I get help me cope with the grief.  I cannot thank your wonderful organization enough for all the joy these craft kits have brought me, and I also let the donors know how grateful I am when I fill out the (thank you) postcards and mail them.”

Help Heal Veterans is a 501(c)(3) donor funded organization. We rely on the generous support of people like you to fulfill our mission of healing America’s veterans.

https://www.healvets.org/

To Donate: https://www.healvets.org/donate

To Request Kits: https://www.healvets.org/for-veterans/request-home-delivery

You can make this Donation: as often as you like - and Software Santa and many other Vets are Grateful!!!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 12:00:11 PM by Software Santa »

This Site was Opened on January 1st, 2007

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email