Author Topic: Nerak Attack is a OS X/W2K version of the Ambrosia Software classic "Swoop".  (Read 4214 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Nerak Attack is a vector graphics version of the Ambrosia Software classic "Swoop" for Windows 2K OR Mac OS X 10.3

A Software Santa Pick!

[Nerak Attack]

Nerak Attack was probably the first game I ever wrote for Mac OS X. It was for the first 21 Days contest "Vectorized" hosted by the fine people at iDevGames. Sadly, I didn't have enough time to really work on my entry since I spent too much time trying to figure out how to use XCode, GLUT, OpenGL, OpenAL, and probably a couple other things. The other problem was that I didn't have a definite plan of attack for this project so I kept on changing my design in the middle of coding it. Finally, in the end, I decided on doing a vector display version of the Ambrosia Software classic "Swoop". Alas, I didn't have time to put in all the neat features that I wanted. Personally, I was just happy to complete a full game in three weeks.

Under the terms of the contest, Nerak Attack and its source code is distributed under the GNU GPL license.

.:Requirements:.
Mac OS X 10.3 or better.
Windows 2000 or better (has not been tested on previous OS versions).

.:History:.
[21 February 2004 - v1.0]
Initial release.

http://www.malarkeysoftware.com/projects_NerakAttack.html 

Categories: Games - Mac System X - Panther - Tiger - PPC - Windows 2000 - Windows XP - Arcade Games
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:50:00 AM by Software Santa »

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy