Author Topic: Pasta Grannies web site: secrets of Italian Pasta makers saved as video lessons!  (Read 848 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.12 Mac OS X 10.12
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 70.0 Firefox 70.0
Pasta Grannies web site has secrets of Italian Pasta makers saved as video lessons!

This wise person is passing down to future generations pasta making skills that were otherwise being LOST ... Bravo!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/pastagrannies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HesHan-wu0k

Welcome to Pasta Grannies.

I'm finding and filming women who still make pasta by hand - a tradition that is disappearing in Italy. Along the way, I also meet producers, people and delicious non pasta food, so I share those too. If you've got any questions or comments, do get in touch, I'd love to hear from you - Vicky Bennison

About Pasta Grannies

It all started when...

I was doing some research on a book about Italian food (for someone else) when I noticed cooking skills were no longer being passed onto the younger generations.

Everyone thinks their Nonna's cooking is the best. But what will Nonna be cooking in 20 years time? Italian women (and men) these days are far too busy to spend time in the kitchen.

Of course pasta making isn't going to die out, but it increasingly is a commercial activity - for chefs, pasta shops and factories - rather an a domestic one.

So I thought I'd celebrate these women and their skills by filming them.

If you know of any women (or men - but it's much more unusual) who'd be happy to feature in a Pasta Grannies episode, please get in touch!

About Vicky Bennison

So the person behind the Pasta Grannies project is Vicky Bennison. That's me. I spent many years working in international development in places like Siberia, South Africa, and Turkmenistan. The next decent meal was always on my mind and I began writing about my culinary adventures: mushroom hunting with the Russian mafia and cooking zebra stew in near Lake Turkana in Kenya are just two examples.

I progressed onto writing books. 'The Taste of a Place' food guides told you where to find good food and wine in Corfu, Mallorca and Andalucia. I was chuffed they were recommended by The Observer, The Times, and Delia Smith Online, amongst others.

I co-wrote 'Seasonal Spanish Food' with London based, Spanish chef Jose Pizarro (shortlisted for 3 different awards).

My husband, Billy, and I have a home in Le Marche, central Italy, and I divide my time between there and London.

If you've got any questions or comments, do get in touch, I'd love to hear from you.

Welcome to Pasta Grannies!

326,389 views 2 years ago

Do you love pasta? Well, do what our Grannies say, and subscribe to this channel. Every Friday, you'll watch Italian 'nonne' in their own homes making traditional pasta dishes - as well as other delicious food like gnocchi, breads, soups that are typical of their region. Enjoy!

https://www.pastagrannies.com/

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy