Author Topic: Digital Clock 4 is a beautiful customizable desktop clock with plugins  (Read 286 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.13 Mac OS X 10.13
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 103.0 Firefox 103.0
Digital Clock 4 is a beautiful customizable cross platform desktop clock: with plugins!

Software Santa found this project JUST as it was being abandoned by the Developer! The LAST Version was JUST Released on May 19th, 2022!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/digitalclock4/

Very customizable beautiful clock.

PROJECT IS CLOSED AND NO LONGER MAINTAINED!
The final version is 4.7.9.

Windows 10 ready!
Supported macOS version is 10.12+. Retina display ready! Apple silicon based macs (i.e. M1) are supported!
Linux build is available only for 64-bit systems.

Nothing special required to start using this clock. Just launch it and enjoy! When it starts, apart the clock itself, small tray icon appears (if system tray is available). Tray icon color depends on operating system, in most cases it is black, but on Windows 10 and macOS with dark theme it is white. This tray icon can be used to call clock configuration dialog. Also this dialog can be called using clock context menu.

You can create your own skin! See this link for details: https://sourceforge.net/p/digitalclock4/wiki/How%20to%20create%20skin/

NOTE: do NOT download any .rar or .exe files marked as my software, these files are made NOT by me and I don't responsible for their content!

Features

skins
    zoom
    signals (alarm + every hour signal)
    any clock color
    texture instead of color
    plugins
    multilanguage support
    Retina (HiDPI) display ready
    multiple monitors support
    crossplatform
    windows portable
    autostart with system boot

Current version is 4.7.9
This release brings a lot of small bugfixes and recommended for all users.

This is the last release of your beloved "Digital Clock 4"... I'm closing this project.
I'm too tired to fight with various Windows quirks and "features" when I'm not even Windows user, useless macOS annoying restrictions and other "new features". I'm not Windows neither macOS developer, and have no plans to spent a lot of time on it, moreover when you have to fight with system or APIs rather then just using them. This is horrible for me, I'm came from Linux, where everything is possible and pretty straightforward. Even more, the modern trends like software degradation and imposing its use cases to the users (especially noticeable on macOS) are not my way, and I have no plans to follow it, but also not enough strength to fight with it. Also I have no plans to rewrite my software in "modern and popular ways" using some JS-based framework and creating monstrous "browser + website inside" app just to follow trends, because this is also not my way, I even hate it! Moreover, I even not sure that desired effects even can be achieved using JS-based frameworks.

Qt also changed its direction to JS to follow modern trends. New Qt 6 totally disappointed me, it didn't bring something useful to me, everything I saw yet is just a degradation and loss of functionality... Using old Qt in modern "feature-rich" environments almost impossible, in most cases old Qt even can't be compiled with new compilers. Binaries compiled with old compilers will not work correctly (or not launch at all) in new environments due to incompatible API/runtime changes.

According to info above, there is also no any estimations and promises regarding new major version announced some time ago, because this just a question of time when any third-party free software will stop working on macOS and Windows. This is very surprisingly that macOS still allow to run third-party apps, even they planned to drop that a long time ago... I won't pay to MS, Apple or any other companies for insanely expensive certificates to sign software, and follow a lot of unnecessary rules and restrictions (also in technologies) to place an app in some store, neither create an app full of annoying ads (this is also not my way) just to somehow compensate the cost of placing it to store. So, new major version is very unlikely to happen.

Thanks to everyone who uses this my software, I even couldn't imagine that this small project created as playground and just-for-fun become so popular and well-known... And even translated into few languages... A lot of people with different questions/suggestions/issues contacted me these years, thanks to them I learned a lot of interesting things and even slightly raised my English skills. Sometimes I even was shocked how my clock is used and who uses it. Thanks, dear users!

favorite

I'll not drop project from SourceForge, neither sources from GitHub, everything will be kept for history. This project became a part of me for these years, I can't just "trow it away"... It is very dear to my heart, there is a long story behind it (even back to 2009), but I have to leave it...

So, from now project is closed! I will not respond to tickets/e-mails regarding clock issues, sorry. This is the end...

Quick start
Nothing special required to start using this clock. Just launch it and enjoy! When it starts, apart the clock itself, small tray icon appears (where system tray is available). Tray icon appearance depends on operating system, in most cases it is black, but on Windows 10 and macOS with dark panel theme it is white. This tray icon can be used at least to call clock configuration dialog. Also configuration dialog can be called using context menu, which appears on right click on clock. In environments without system tray (such as GNOME 3) this is only the way to call configuration dialog. But be ware: when "transparent for mouse" option is enabled, you will be unable to click on clock!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/digitalclock4/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/digitalclock4/files/4.7.9/README.md/download
https://github.com/Kolcha/DigitalClock4

Software Santa first opened on January 1st, 2007
Now celebrating 16 Years of being a Digital Santa Claus!
Software Santa's Speedy Site is Proudly Hosted by A2 Hosting.

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

Software Santa Welcome Page

The Software Santa Privacy Policy

email