Author Topic: Meteorologist is a free weather program for Mac OS X  (Read 2583 times)

Software Santa

• Administrator
Meteorologist is a free weather program for Mac OS X
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:03:03 PM »
Meteorologist is a free weather program for Mac OS X. Now Requires you Register for an API Key ...

Meteorologist is a free weather program for Mac OS X.

It allows users control over their weather viewing, including simultaneous interlaced weather reports from multiple weather locations, and much more.

-- 3.1.4 --
Add French translations for Blowing Snow
Reduce WeatherUnderground calls from 2 to 1 for each city
Update to Swift 4.1 (Xcode 9.4)

Meteorologist FAQ
Common user questions answered and explained
Read the most frequently asked questions and problems with Meteo, along with the development team's answers and solutions.

General

Meteorologist 3.x was rewritten to specific weather sources. How do I choose the city and weather source?
On the Preferences pane, type in the name of the city in the format requested by the weather source. (Sorry, no more lookup.) In the second column, type in the name as you wish it to appear (home, parents, kids). The third column is a drop down for the supported weather sources, choose the one you prefer. In the fourth column you need to specify an Key for the weather source. See the bottom of the Preference pane for the URL to the weather source and the input city format preferred by the weather source. You will need to register for an API key (sometimes called a developer key).

I'm seeing a temp of 9999°F or 5537°C. What's up with that?
That is an indication that you either have the city formatted wrong or the wrong API key. The description following Lat/Long may give you additional details.

Meteorologist displays too much information when I select "Forecast Inline" and I can't see some attributes, such as "high temp." Meteorologist never used to do this, how do I fix it like it was before?
You can uncheck the option "Forecast on one line" under the Weather tab. Alternatively, disable some of the forecast items so that the forecast menu only shows the items that you care about (to do this, choose "Edit City" and then click on the "Forecast Items" tab).

How do I get Metric/Celsius Units (Meteorologist only shows Fahrenheit)?

New Answer: Using the Controls menu select Preferences. Under Global Units, select the metrics you want.

Old Answer: Under the "Cities" tab of preferences, make sure that "Enable Global Units" is checked and then select the metric units you want.

How can I have Meteo start up when I log in?

In 10.9 and newer, open System Preferences and then Users and Group. Make sure your account is selected on the left, and then choose the Login Items tab. Click the "+" below the list of programs and choose Meteo from where you have it on your hard drive. Make sure the "Hide" checkbox is not checked.

In 10.3, open System Preferences and then Accounts. Make sure your account is selected on the left, and then choose the Startup Items tab. Click the "+" below the list of programs and choose Meteo from where you have it on your hard drive. Make sure the "Hide" checkbox is not checked.

In 10.2, open System Preferences and then Login Items. Click the Add... button at the bottom and choose Meteo from where you have it on your hard drive.

Instructions for 10.1 are unavailable because none of the developers are still using 10.1. If you are a user of 10.1, please leave us comment on the news forums with instructions so that others may use them.

http://heat-meteo.sourceforge.net/ 

Categories: What is it? - Weather - Mac System X - MacIntel
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:34:47 PM by Software Santa »

This Site was Opened on January 1st, 2007

Welcome Visitor:

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

email